The 2010-2011 Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by smeags, Jan 26, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've heard from a couple people that not only was it a salary move but Richards was falling out of favor with the brbutt...

Who do you think wears the "C?" Most likely Pronger? With Brierre and Timmonen probably wearing the A?

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

both richards and carter were divas. richards refused to do any workouts. both boozed it too much and loafed through practice way too much and they alienated themselves from the other players. again this is just like when the phillies cleaned house before they started their run.

powe got traded today for a pick. word is the flyers are pushing hard for stamkos. not sure they can do it but my god if they do.

agree on the captain and alternates. pronger is a born leader, something this team has lacked the last few years.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

The only question I have with Pronger is his age and durability...other than that...he's a perfect candidate. There's not a better one out there.

Could be tough signing Stamkos. They might have to unload a little more salary. Powe might free up something like $725,000, which I think puts the Flyers around the $10M mark. Stamkos will cost around $7M. So it's possible...pending what else they need/want to fill.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

well from what i hear bobrosky & versteeg are part of the package the flyers are looking to offer along with picks.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sounds good to me.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Woah, rumor is we have signed Jagr.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

True story. $3.3M.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Versteeg gone to Panthers for picks.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

The hatred Penguins fans have towards Jagr for signing with the Flyers brings a huge smile to my face...it's quite funny.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

And Talbot. :icon_cool:

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...lol...Flyers wasting money on ex-players..

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...sure...

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

the rivalry between these two teams took a back burner for a few years but the last few have have shown how deep the hate has always been.