The 2011 Come Get Some Bitches/Phillies Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Feb 16, 2011.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek GIF OG

that's right, it's spring training time and the phillies decided to play a bit of the yankees game by snatching up a ton of talent from other teams. this along with a core of home grown talent puts this team in a perfect position to take back the crown.

well, as good as this starting rotation may look there are stil some questions for this team.

* will j-roll bounce back from a sub-par year ?

* will jimmy be dropped to #5 in line-up ?

*will utley turn things around after a dreadful season last year ?

* will the even heavier lefty line-up hand tie the phillies offense in close games ?

* will the lose of davey lopes, thanks to the arrogance of amaro, hurt the team like the loss of jimmy williams did ?

even with those questions the starting rotation, assuming it stays healthy is going to lock down the opposition all year long.

wonder what the over/under for no-hitters this year for the phillies ? that would nice to know.

oh and by the way mets and braves fans, take a look at my new phillies t-shirt.

[​IMG]

yeah that's right, eat crap and die fukcers !

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts SUCK MY JINGLE BALLS GIF OG Fantasy Guru

3. smeags

great, you had your fluke year. enjoy battling for 3rd in the west.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts SUCK MY JINGLE BALLS GIF OG Fantasy Guru

I don't think I have to defend the Giants. We're reigning world champions on the rise, you're a team on the downslide trying desperately to keep a closing window open just long enough for maybe one more good run. Best of luck to ya.

5. smeags

first off - what the heck is this "we" crap, you're not on the team.

next - team on the rise ? :laughy32:

you got the picthing but c'mon man, it's not like the giant's everyday players are a collection of spring chickens that can only get better where you could really have a point with that "on the rise" comment. who is in the giant's line-up besides posey and sandoval that are under 30 & didnt have uncharacteristically great runs last season ?

enjoy your team's championship, they certainly earned it but trying to make it sound like the giants are this young team that is just starting their run at championships is a bit off. IMO

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  6. I would love to see Jimmy in the #5 hole but I wouldn't be surprised if Victorino ends up there.

Yes, Lopes leaving for the Dodgers is going to bite us in the butt. Perlozzo sucked at 3rd base, I don't see him helping us at 1st.

I want to think Utley will turn things around this year but I honestly wouldn't be broken up if we entertained offers to unload him. I'd rather get rid of him a year earlier then a year too late. Will the Phils actually trade him, doubt it.

And my season tickets arrived today!

7. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Season tickets? Sweeeeeet!:drinks:

8. smeags

yeah having victorino or rollins at #5 gives cholly a chance to break up the leftie ruin in the line-up.

possible line-up could be;

roliins/victorino sh
    polanco - r
    utley - l
    howard - l
    rollins/victorino sh (R)
    ibanez - l
    brown - l / francisco - r
    ruiz - r

9. smeags

so it's already starting with the utley injury issues. i was wondering if the phillies shoul've looked at uggla some more.

10. smeags

11. Funny how I had mentioned getting rid of Utley right before his latest injury. I'm not impressed with Brown at all 0-12 with 8 K's... granted its spring training but he should be able to hit something.

Not too concerned with Lee's outing today.

And what the heck is wrong with Amaro? Give Charlie the f'n 4 mil already so we can move on.

12. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member

13. smeags

doubt the phillies wouldve gotten a good enough offer for utley considering this is an injury he has been dealing with for over a year and has obviously hurt his play.

brown's lack of production is magnified byt the fact thhat he went 2-29 in winter ball and now 0-12 so far in spring training.

14. Utley may have been worth a tad more than what he is now. This is injury isn't going to go away and I think they are going to have to start looking at other options.

I have no faith that Brown is going to be our RF answer. I think they well entertain him because he's a left hand bat other than that I think he may platoon with Mayberry.

15. smeags

i just think it would've taken a massive offer for the phillies to trade utley, not saying the idea isnt sound though but it's going to take another off year for them to really think about moving him.

brown is back to AAA if anything. he needs to work on his swing. his flaws were exposed quickly at the major league level and they won't get it right if he sits. RF is fransisco's to lose at this point. he just needs to take advantage of the good pitches he'll. still think i'd rather have rollins behind howard but no way cholly will do that.

victorino
    polanco
    utley
    howard
    rollins
    fransisco
    lbanez
    ruiz

16. smeags

his is awesome.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIgTbK0D99A]YouTube - MLB 2K11 - Pitch Control with Roy Halladay[/ame]

17. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

:Loco:

Thanks for giving us more ammo to hate the Phillies. Disrespectul butt fans, and thinking they are the kings of the worlds when the Giants shoved their foot so far down the Phillies' throats.. -shakes head- NL East Champions for 2011 - Atlanta Braves. Mark the words.

18. smeags

yeah, i shouldn't be pumped nor confident that the phillies can compete for another world series in 2011.

i guess assembling a starting rotation that includes halladay, lee, oswalt & hamels to go along with a still dangerous line-up should indicate a step back right ?

i shouldn't have any expetations of the phillies winning another division title right ?

no way i should think the team can get past the 1st round of the playoffs or even further right ?

i should just curl up because the giants beat the phillies last year in a close series right ?

c'mon, tell me how a fan of a team that has won 4 straight division titles, made it to three straight nlcs', two world series' & won one world championship in the last four years then putting together what could be one of the best starting rotations in the history of the game should act.

19. Glad Cooch is getting the recognition he deserves

20. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member

Sounds like Francisco's pretty much won the job of being the guy to replace Werth...

Deleon Young's getting his shot at 2nd. Can't help but think that it's between him and Valdez...