The Contender

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Garnett, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

The new season of The Contender has started on Versus network. It's on Wednesday's at 10 pm EST. We're 2 or 3 episodes into it thus far (sorry I'm late announcing this on here).

They are fighting with cruiser weights in this season. There seem to be some pretty talented boxers this season. Not sure how deep that weight class is though in the boxing game. Tony Danza (former pro boxer himself) is hosting. The twist is that it's actually taking place in Thailand or Singapore this season. I can't remember where exactly.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Where's mush?

He's a boxer!

:punch:

3. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Amatuer or pro?

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't know if he was ever a pro, but he still trains with amateurs I'm pretty sure.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I tried to watch this show when it first began(3 years ago?). And I will tune into this one as well but, I just can't stand the machismo that goes on.

And yes, I fought in the amateur ranks and I still love to put the gloves on. There's nothing better then some beefcake at the gym, talking crap before he gets in the ring, then the bell rings and he knows he's already been defeated. Quick always beats the muscle.

:violent07: :violent07:

6. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Ive heard of this show. Looks pretty good.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I just can't get into boxing anymore.

I feel that the fights are fixed way to often.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Step into my ring says themush to hermhater.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No fighting sir.

I stopped that many years ago.

:flexing:

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

It's only for fun......training if you will.....:icon_cheesygrin:

You can wear headgear if you want to.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's the point dude.

I stopped doing any sports when I started sitting my butt behind a computer 10 years ago.

I could never be in a boxing match.

I've only got about 1 and a half minutes to give it my best shot.

After that, I'm gassed.

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Hahahaha..... fair enough. I'm definitely not calling you out in the fight club. Your lyrics are to sharp. I'll just keep it in the ring.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't even go into Fight Club except to make a joke every once in a while.

I'm horrible at talking smack...

:hifive:

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Got it HH. SO this year will be between cruiser weights 200 lb'ers? Should be some big shots landed.

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Yea, Felix Cora was the first fight on the show. He seemed to have a lot of in-ring smarts. He neutralized his opponent (who didn't throw much of anything to utilize his reach advantage over Felix.)

Mush, when did you start boxing? How many years have you trained?

16. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Started when I was 10 and worked though highschool. Picked it back up about 3 years ago as an avenue to keep me from getting fat. So all together about 12 years.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

How fat did you get before you started again?

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Hahahahahahaha heck off. I put on the "freshman 15" and then got lazy. Got up to 190 now I'm back down to 170.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:wink:

Sounds good!

That's about what I'm at, but probably shorter than you.

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I remember season 1 there was some bitterness in the final fight between the latin snake and that kid from boston and their rematch. that kid from boston cried hard after he lost:icon_smile: