The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the judge is great! almost all the newer ones like american sniper are also pretty good.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I saw it. I don't think it sucked but it wasn't as good as the first for sure. Worth a watch if you loved the first one.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

st. Vincent was a good movie. Funny And entertaining. Throughly enjoyed it.

Saw "Gone Girl " holy shirt didn't expect to enjoy this but it's easly one of my fav for the year.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i loved american sniper!!! I Also loved selma,but it is not the type of movie many americans are gonna really like a lot because of what a bad time that was in america.
    also loved unbroken,another movie from a true story.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Dracula untold was pretty good. I'd recommend checking it out.

The equalizer was aaaaaawesome. It was kinda like an adult version of taken. More blood and way cooler kills. Highly recommend.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the equalizer was pretty damn good!!!

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

most denziel flicks are pretty damn good regardless!

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I finally got around to catching Grand Budapest Hotel. Not my favorite Wes Anderson film but it's excellent.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Interview was good.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think ben affleck should have been nominated for gone girl,maybe even the chick who played his wife too.

11. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

American Sniper 8/10 Great movie
    The Interview 7/10. I was pleasantly surprised
    Gone Girl 9/10 AWESOME
    Whiplash 8/10. You want great acting, watch this movie!
    The equalizer 7/10
    Dumb and Dumber too 6/10 Not even close to the first one
    The Judge 8/10 Great movie
    Million Dollar Arm 8/10 Good sports movie

I've seen more, I will post some time later

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

American Sniper. I dunno, I thought it sucked across the board to be honest. Nothing about it grabbed me, the performances were shallow and flat, the story wasn't told in a compelling or thought provoking manner, it was just super meh. It was just superficial jingoistic propaganda, and that's coming from someone who likes a good war movie. Which this wasn't. I felt like Eastwood was trying to make one of his classic stripped down westerns (which I also love) in a modern setting and it just did not work at all for me. I don't feel like it did the real story, or Kyle for that matter, any justice.

Plus the plastic baby wtf that was ridiculous.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I liked it. I thought of it as a man's struggle between the 2 loves in his life,his wife or being a sniper. just watched "Interstellar" reminded me a lot of "Contact" a 1997 movie.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah thats part of what they were going for, I just couldn't buy it the way they put it out. It should have been a complicated, compelling, deep, aspect of the story but in my eyes they didn't pull it off. It came off like a sitcom without any laughs, I keep saying shallow but that's the best word for it, a shallow, simple, take on a complicated situation. It could have been really good, maybe would have been better served as a couple movies or a miniseries or something that could have expanded on it more, I dunno.

15. DawkinsINT

It had good use of a baby doll.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oscar to Cooper for wiggling its arm.

17. DawkinsINT

Best supporting to the fake baby for never breaking character.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

When I saw it I just assumed that no sane person, movie directors included, would allow Sienna Miller to be in contact with a real human baby so they went with the doll.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Still, man, no cgi? That's in the budget for that flick no doubt. I'm sure the Lucasfilm cats could have handled a realistic baby better than that.

20. DawkinsINT

It really is amazing that such a big budget film would make it so obvious. I would love to know the thinking behind the whole thing.