The NFL Europa thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ollysj, Mar 9, 2007.

1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I'd been there. Check out the pictures [ame=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2019410106]here[/ame]

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Final cuts

The final action of the 2007 NFL Europa training camp took place in Tampa, Florida, on Saturday as game-condition scrimmages were held at Jefferson High School.

The action on the field came just hours before the dreaded final cuts as all six NFL Europa teams trimmed their rosters in preparation for their journey overseas to Germany and the Netherlands.

Article goes on here

Here are the NFL Europa transactions that took place after Saturdays final game-condition scrimmages:

Amsterdam Admirals

Phil Hawkins G Waived-Injured
    Jordan Hicks DE Waived-Injured
    Wendell Hunter LB Waived-Injured
    Tony Robinson LB Waived-Injured
    Matt Bohnet QB Waived
    Jeremy Darveau T Waived
    Jacob Elimimian CB Waived
    Koki Kato S Waived
    Sam McGrew LB Waived
    Phil Silva WR Waived
    Maurice White DT Waived
    Artsem Yukhnovich DT Waived
    Cedric Humes RB League Active Player
    Justin McCullum WR League Active Player
    Sir Henry Anderson DT Practice Squad Player (from Hamburg)
    Kevin McAlmont G Practice Squad Player (from Frankfurt)

Berlin Thunder

Ricardo twinkyerson LB Waived-Injured
    Mike Brown DE Waived
    Efe Ewvaraye LB Waived
    D.J. Fitzpatrick K Waived
    Stef Hupsel RB Waived
    Jay McCareins CB Waived
    Robin Meadow T Waived
    Scott Mitchell WR Waived
    Bernard Opuku S Waived
    Cuneyt Topcu LB Waived
    Gerran Walker WR Waived
    Walter Washington QB Waived
    Dewane Whitmore S Waived
    Darius Williams TE Waived
    John Wilson T Waived
    Omar Jacobs QB Injured Reserve
    Steve Sanders WR Injured Reserve
    Sha-ron Edwards RB League Active Player
    Jason Flowers CB League Active Player
    Seante Williams DE Practice Squad Player
    DeMario Williams S Practice Squad Player
    Bruce Eugene QB Re-assigned from Frankfurt
    Jason Peterson DE Re-assigned from Hamburg
    Dave Tollefson DE Re-assigned from Frankfurt

Cologne Centurions

Kellen Davis T Waived-Injured
    Victor Phillips S Waived-Injured
    Ayo Ademiluyi T Waived
    Mark Brubaker K Waived
    Terrance Butler CB Waived
    Jamar Enzor LB Waived
    Gino Guidugli QB Waived
    Ernest Jones DT Waived
    Trenton Jordan DE Waived
    Daniel Oliphant G Waived
    Paul Pinegar QB Waived
    Roberto Silva CB Waived
    Jon Simmons DE Waived
    Everardo Valesquez DT Waived
    Cedrick Holt CB League Active Player
    Greg Lee WR League Active Player
    A.J. Harris RB Practice Squad Player
    Jason Berryman LB Practice Squad Player (from Berlin)

Frankfurt Galaxy

Ed Pietrowski LB Waived-Injured
    Zac Woodfin LB Waived-Injured
    Charles Anthony RB Waived
    Craig Bailey LB Waived
    Roscoe Crosby WR Waived
    Carl Ford WR Waived
    Ryoma Hagiyama WR Waived
    Jesus Perez LB Waived
    Davon Telp DB Waived
    Jeff Williams P Waived
    Ben Sobieski G Reserve-Non-Football Injury
    Martin Latka FB Injured Reserve
    Jesse Chatman RB Reserve-Left Squad
    Felton Huggins WR League Active Player
    John Syptak DE League Active Player
    Kenton Johnson T Practice Squad Player
    T.J. Cottrell TE Practice Squad Player

Hamburg Sea Devils

Marcus Lawrence LB Waived-Injured
    Nick Hagemann T Waived
    Charles Hall CB Waived
    Onoh Ozongwu S Waived
    Jose Perea T Waived
    Bryan Watje TE Waived
    Cornelius Wortham LB Waived
    Tony Hollings RB Reserve-Left Squad
    Gerardo Lopez DE Injured Reserve
    Mike McGann QB League Active Player
    Jacob Rice LS League Active Player
    Kenny Kern LB Practice Squad Player
    Rod Olds C Practice Squad Player (from Cologne)

Rhein Fire

Jeff Green DE Waived-Injured
    Daunta Peterson WR Waived-Injured
    Mike Andrews LB Waived
    John Bowenkamp QB Waived
    Jason Brisbane LB Waived
    Christian Fuchs DE Waived
    Mark Hickok K Waived
    Cal Murray RB Waived
    Gerard Washington DB Waived
    Kenard White T Waived
    Earvin Johnson TE Injured Reserve
    Quentin Swain LB Injured Reserve
    Brian Jordan LS League Active Player
    Lauren Williams WR League Active Player
    Brent Grimes S Practice Squad Player (from Amsterdam)
    Brian Wrobel QB Practice Squad Player

3. cashtool

cashtool Silly Goose

Go Rhein!

So Olly, any chances of finding a Cologne Centurions jersey without all the crap advertisements attached? I still have my Rhein Fire jersey, but I'd like to get another. Too bad most teams in the NFL don't have jerseys like Europa.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Nope, we hate this here too. Since the league is sponsored by some companys, they wanna see their name on the jerseys.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Some of the Galaxy cuts were a big surprise for me. Carl Ford and Jessie Chatman, both with NFL experience didn't made the roster. I didn't expect last year player T.J. Cotrells adding to the practice suard.

Sad thing is the injury of National RB Martin Latka. He's at Birmingham, AL now for medical treatment.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Many happy returns

By Neil Reynolds, NFLEurope.com

When the 2007 NFL Europa season kicks off on Saturday, April 14, there will be several key performers on each team who have experienced the battle for World Bowl glory in Europe.

A host of record-setters and All-League performers will be in action in NFL Europa this season and will be key to their team's success in the coming months.

Amsterdam Admirals welcome back All-NFLE wide receiver Skyler Fulton, who registered a league record six 100-yard receiving days in 2006 as he led NFL Europa with 53 receptions for 992 yards and seven touchdowns.

"I'm really excited to be back in Amsterdam," Fulton says. "Our fans, the Orange Army, are just awesome and I'm looking forward to playing in front of them again.

"Winning the World Bowl is our goal. Last year, we made it to the final but we didn't close the deal. One of my main reasons for coming back was to win the World Bowl. I think with this team, we'll be in a position to do that."

Article goes on here

7. cashtool

cashtool Silly Goose

8. cashtool

cashtool Silly Goose

You used to have the opportunity to buy the jersey's without the advertisements. I have a Rhein Fire 88 jersey that's advertisement free, but I can't find any now.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

There are some that ain't official NFLE league worn jerseys. Frankfurt once issued one with a Galaxy on it, but that wasn't a jersey like that one the team wear.

10. cashtool

cashtool Silly Goose

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Today it was Fan Day at Frankfurt. Each player was introduced to the 4000+ fans that show up at the Commerzbank Arena. After the introduction, a puplic open practice was hold.

HC Mike Jones stated, that J.T. O'Sullivan will be the teams starting QB. In the practice O'Sullivan and Keavin Eakin got an equal number of snaps. Even if the timing isn't perfect yet for both, JT looks stronger than Eakin

[ame=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2021222144]Pictures from the introduction[/ame]

practice pics will follow

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

...and [ame=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2021241897]here[/ame] they are

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

German National RB Martin Lattka was cutted by the Galaxy. He injured his foot during the camps at Tampa and was placed on IR. After more examination at Birmingham, AL he was cutted by his team.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

From NFLEurope.com

The final countdown[hr:bfdd889c2d]

April 13, 2007

After spending three weeks turning a group of total strangers into a team during preseason training camp in Tampa, Fla., the six NFL Europa League head coaches are busy putting the finishing touches to their preparations ahead of this weekends opening night action. And following an offseason of change, half of the leagues six teams are getting to know their new head coach as the regular season kickoff approaches.

One man who is no stranger to NFL Europa is Amsterdam Admirals head coach Bart Andrus, who returns for a seventh season in charge of the Dutch club and is aiming for a third straight appearance in World Bowl.

Upon arriving in Europe, Andrus said: Our training camp in Florida was successful and were looking forward to seeing what these guys can do in a game on the field. Every year at this point we try to find out who we are. Well get a really good measure of our team when we go to Frankfurt in Week 1.

Andrus former offensive coordinator in Amsterdam, John Allen, is the man charged with bringing a record-equaling fourth World Bowl crown to the Berlin Thunder.

He says: Im really looking forward to the 2007 Berlin Thunder football team. We had a very productive training camp and our team really started to show signs of togetherness. Im really excited to be in Berlin and getting ready for the games.

Story goes on here
    [hr:bfdd889c2d]
    Can't wait to get the seaon started tomorrow

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

LB Jimmy Cottrell and RB DeCori Birmingham out for season

After only one game, the Frankfurt Galaxy lost Ravens allocated LB Jimmy Cottrell (shoulder) and Giants RB DeCori Birmingham (MCL). Both are on the way to Birmingham, AL for further examinations.

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Hamburgs Derrickk Ross and Frankfurts Ron Rockett named Players Of The Week[hr:a5bd4f7376]
    From NFLEurope.com

Kansas City Chiefs-allocated running back Derrick Ross has been named NFL Europa Offensive Player of Week 1 following his standout performance in the Cologne Centurions 24-18 victory over the Hamburg Sea Devils.

Ross rushed for 120 yards on 29 carries and scored on a 16-yard touchdown run. He also added three receptions for 25 yards.

Centurions head coach David Duggan paid tribute to his running back, stating: Derrick Ross had a great effort in Hamburg and he really ran the football well.

Ross, who was given an added workload when rushing partner Antwaun Carter was injured in the second quarter, said: I was getting real tired. But sometimes you have to carry the load in football games and I thought I did okay.

Frankfurt Galaxy safety Ron Rockett was named Defensive Player of the Week after helping his team to a 30-14 win over the Amsterdam Admirals. Rockett led the Galaxy defense with 8 tackles and 2 passes defensed. His third quarter interception of Amsterdam quarterback Drew Olson set up a Galaxy field goal.

Berlin Thunder kicker Andrew Jacas was named Special Teams Player of the Week after he made league history by becoming the first man to kick a pair of four-point field goals in the same game.

Story goes on here

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

WR RASHAUN WOODS, a former first round draft choice of the San Francisco 49ers in 2004, is on injured reserve with a hamstring injury

roflmao

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

What a crazy season.

Week 2 is done and only one time the home team was able to win the game. Fortunatly is was my Galaxy and we are the only undefeaded team thus far.

GO GALAXY! FREAK FIRE!

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Galaxy S Ron Rockett suffered kidney injury

Ron Rockett suffered a torn kidney on the 3th play from scrimmage during the win over the Centurions Kln.

[img:640:480:30b6027bcf]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2365/pict0077ay4.jpg[/img:30b6027bcf]
    S Ron Rockett
    Picture by ollysj

The team physicans didn't detect the injury when they examite him on the sideline, but on the busride back to Frankfurt, Rocketts condition turns to bad and he starts to urinate blood. After a call to the team medical Dr. med. Raussen, GM Tillman Engel decide to take Rockett on his car to the next clinic. When they arrived at the ER, Rockett underwent a prompt surgery to stop the internal bleedings. He will be depart to Birmingham, AL this week.

Sad thing is that Rockett was awarded to the Defensive Player of the Week for his outstanding effort in week 1. He will be replaced by DeMario Williams, who was cutted during the camp.

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Rashaun Woods arrived at Hamburg today and will practice with the team