The Official 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by 86WARD, May 8, 2014.

1. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase GIF OG

Barr & Bridgewater..The killer Bees :D
  2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member GIF OG Fantasy Guru

Could be the best pick in the Draft
    Aussie61 likes this.
  3. Walnuts

Walnuts Not jivin a carp GIF OG

Word is he's going to play nickel corner and be groomed to replace Bethea.

See above.
    86WARD likes this.
  4. Walnuts

OR THE WORST
  5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels GIF OG

What defensive player were they picking at 16?

They also have a need at OG and got the best one in the draft. The draft is 7 rounds not 1
  6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member

Wow quite a few options for the redskins here.

noting especially Kony Ealy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade down though
  7. Castilla

Castilla 2nd String

Loved what the Vikings did to move back up, gave up so little. I bet if you're real quiet, you can still hear the cussing coming from Houston, I'm sure they thought they had him once it got to the 28th pick. Hated the Chiefs' pick, Ford is good, but they had such a need at WR, Lee would have been perfect.
    Kurt and Aussie61 like this.
  8. Jihad Joe

Don't really like Elay in a 3-4. Lawrence would be a better pick
  9. Jihad Joe

I thought I was the only one who thought Ford was a terrible pick. With Houston amd Hali, Ford isnt gonna see the field
  10. Walnuts

Im sure they can figure out a way to get all 3 coming on passing downs, which is potentially really fucking scary. Also, if Im not mistaken, Halis deal is entering its last year or two, which probably means theyre staring at some big cap numbers that always seem to come with todays backloaded deals. Ford could potentially give them a way to save a lot of money for the next 4-5 years over paying Hali if he develops well, and whatever money saved can improve the team elsewhere. Of course that could also fuck them double if he busts, then they'll be paying Hali and be out a draft pick, but so it goes.
    bigsexyy81 likes this.
  11. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member

yeah I know they won't pick him. my bet is the redskins trade down.. They have been shopping the pick around
  12. smeags

smeags militant geek GIF OG

[​IMG]

pretty much sums it up.
    86WARD, bigsexyy81 and SRW like this.
  13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Just like any other draft pick, jury is out till three years from now. Guys who I have thought were sure-fire hits have tanked, and guys I figured wouldn't make the practice squad became starters. You never know.

Addressed a position of need with a guy who accumulated 14 sacks and 18 TFL last year. On paper, it looks good. They reached, but we don't have another pick till 54 and he likely would't have been there then so I ain't mad.

I do, however, think Kelly and Roseman were full of shit with all of their 'we'll draft the best player available' lines. I get the trade-down especially if they didn't have the players of value at 22, but there is no fucking way they had Smith graded highest on their board at that moment.
    86WARD likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Chip Chip Hooray! GIF OG

Howie explained it today. He said they rate players by tiers, not by 1st best, 2nd best, etc. Every 1st level tier player they wanted was gone. Then they looked at 2nd tiers. There were a lot more 2nd tier players at other positions of need than there were for a pass-rushing OLB. That made him the best player available.
  15. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member

I'm liking the Steelers draft pick more and more as i read up on Ryan Shazier and it fills a need at ILB. Like I said...kinda reminds me of the Seahawks pick of Bruce Irvin...
  16. smeags

smeags militant geek GIF OG

keep in mind his stats came in a weak conference. he played against the likes of temple which is a serior pop warner team.

does that mean he will be a bust ? no but every "expert's" board had him 3rd on the depth chart for OLB's available at that time.

that said at least they didnt draft johnny douchebag.
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well… that certainly isn't 'best player available' then. That's 'we grade everyone and have different tiers and if we happen to have someone at a position of greatest need on one of those tiers and someone in a lesser position of need on the same tier, we'll take the guy with the greater position of need'
  18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos? GIF OG

Read a lot about zack Martin I'm good with what the boys are doing
  19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin GIF OG

So anyone around for round 2?
  20. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member