The Official 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by 86WARD, May 8, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Horrid Husband GIF OG

I didn't watch a single player that the Eagles drafted, so I don't really know what to think. In Chip I Trust (for now).

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer GIF OG

JOE,i think the rams and 49ers had the better drafts,but aj mccaron would be a great pick there as a backup for bradford.
    MIKE- I looked at the wife when that happened and said,i bet that is the 1st time they have ever seen that on espn.glad to see the kid get a chance to be an nfl player.

3. Diesel44

He drafted somebody who played for him his last year in college. they had a really good draft too.

4. DawkinsINT

He drafted 2 Oregon players.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels GIF OG

Im so psyched we got Whaley as a UDFA

Kid is Melton V2

6. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 GIF OG

I'm happy with the ravens' draft this year.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors GIF OG

I'm excited to see what garoppolo turns into, and the options it opens up for moving mallet.

I'm bummed we didn't take a te though. And no receiver until the final round. Gronk better stay healthy.

Lots of injury concerns with the pats' picks. Hopefully those don't screw us.

8. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member

I actually like the Steelers draft a lot. Doubted the Archer pick at first but that pick got a lot better once they drafted Bryant...which very psyched about. I feel like they got two starters ou of this draft (Shazier and Tuitt) and two guys that will play/contribute (Archer and Bryant ) and then some nice developmental guys.

9. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase GIF OG

I'm rapt with what the Vikings did.Finally we'll have a pass rush and QBs won't be able to stand in the pocket and pick us apart.Getting Bridgewater was fantastic,Yankey was a steal in the 5th,and McKinnon is a freak athletically who given time to concentrate on learning one position could be anything.We have some good UDFAs and should be able to clean out the bottom of our roster and move forward with a stronger squad.
    :vikings:

10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase GIF OG

Be afraid doges..be very afraid :ROTFLMAO:

DaBears22 likes this.
  11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors GIF OG

I'm currently in an argument about Michael Sam at another forum. He's basically giving Sam the "Tebow treatment," except gay instead of Christian. He's gay, so he should play. If he doesn't make a team it's because he's gay.

I really hate people like that. Not to mention the dude is a idiot, saying Sam was a first round pick and "the greatest thing since sliced bread" before coming out.

Diesel44 likes this.
  12. Diesel44

did you see this?
    scariest name ever for a kicker.

13. DawkinsINT

Yeah, I did. I'm really rooting for him to make the squad. Best nickname I've ever heard for a kicker. He also loves to tackle.

14. Diesel44

Even i am pulling for a kid with a nickname like that,regardless of where and who he plays for.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. smeags

smeags militant geek GIF OG

i'm good with the eagles draft overall. def a fan of matthews and look forward to him in this offense. still wondering on marcus smith but let's see the guy play before we call it a bust pick.

16. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos? GIF OG

Browns Owner told Manziel to act like a backup, cause Brian Hoyer is the starter

luls

Aussie61 and 86WARD like this.
  17. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I can only tell you about 2 of the players drafted since I am a ducks fan.

Huff: Okay I've read too many reporters comparing the guy to DeSean. No he is not Desean, he doesn't have his speed but he is fast, what makes him fast is his separation. Huff started his days as a RB so it explains it a bit.. his biggest challenge with the ducks was dropped balls. Hopefully he has improved.

Hart: I don't understand this for several reasons. A) it was way too early for him to be off the board B) He is just a big frame, a huge frame.

Chip will know how to use Hart, and I expect he will only use him on certain down situations. But god that pick was done way too early for the type of player he is. That's just my 2 cents.

Huff I like