The OFFICIAL Atlanta Braves 2011 Thread (Taking Back The East)

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Chipper10, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yes we did but we are only 3 games out right

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

10k is coming soon boys.

3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Yeah Phillies won so 3.5 back. And we reached 10K wins first so :]

4. Omen

Chipper back today

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

you jerks got a gift from the umpires union last night. :fu08:

6. Chipper10

Yeah. I can see where that is. But the angle they just showed on ESPN, also doesn't look like he was tagged. But, either way. Replay needs to be implemented to avoid these controversies. Meals is an idiot, anyway.

7. Omen

Wow that was a long game alot sick calls today

8. Chipper10

I turned it off and went to bed at the end of the 9th. I was exhausted, so. When I woke up and saw the alert come through on my phone and it said 19 innings, I was glad I did lol

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

that ump just wanted to go to bed. he was out by a mile

10. Chipper10

Have you guys seen the video on ESPN? They've played it 300 times already. The front angle, it actually looks like it never touched him. Granted -- from the umps view, it should've been called out. It's really hard to say from one of the angles. But, I am saying he should've been called out on the field, regardless..

11. mike oxlong

Even the Braves guy was shocked. lol

12. Omen

yeah i heard that this morning

13. Chipper10

I think everyone that initially saw it was shocked. THe throw was there, easily. He's well away from the plate. Why they ran Lugo to begin with is beyond me. However, after the call - it paid off. This is a big example as to why replay needs to be added. So what if it adds a few minutes to a game. This cost a team a chance at winning. But, I put some of the blame on the catcher, also. Lugo did a great job trying to elude the tag, and from the front, slow angle of it..it looks like it's possible the tag could've missed him. And at the same time, almost a 7 hour game..in the heat. As a professional umpire, you shouldn't have to use that as an excuse, but it's very much possible it played a role. I'm not arguing either way. It was a bad call on the field, it sucks for the fans that stayed up to watch it..for it to end in such a horrible way.

14. Chipper10

And..in a week's time.. Braves are looking to hold onto the WC rather than compete with Philly for the division. We need McCann back, and to stay hot. Hanson and Jurrjens seem to be slipping now, which isn't good. HOpefully a series against the Marlins will do us some good, then the Cubs come to Atlanta, and I'll be there for the Sunday game -- Chipper better be playing. Hopefully we get McCann back this week, and Uggla and Freeman stay hot for us.

15. Omen

Uggla on a 30 game hitting streak...

16. Chipper10

Who would've thought that would happen? Lol.

17. Chipper10

Damn the Astros, too. Blowing a 7-1 lead and letting the Dbacks come back to win.

18. mike oxlong

you guys still got a 5 game lead on the Giants

19. Omen

Btaves win agian and make the leas to 6

20. Chipper10

Yeah. I was at the game Sunday. I've been called a jinx by [MENTION=1128]Inclulbus[/MENTION] for them losing, and for Uggla losing his hitting streak. Sucked so bad to watch the Cubbies come back and win that game. But, it was fun, nonetheless. My 2 year old daughter loved it. I know we're still 7 1/2 b ack of the Phillies, but a lot of baseball left. and we hold a 6 game lead over the giants now, with 2 games left against them. Delgado was beasting last night, until that homer in the 7th.