The Official Jacksonville Jaguars Thread

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Jammin Jaguar, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes:

Highly unlikely, but it does make the Jaguars better...

2. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Draft is all about depth.

Defensive End in the first round - this is probably the only position that anyone we'd draft could start at, everyone else will be for depth.
    Safety/O-Line in the second round - We're running short at Safety, so I see us picking up a promising one in the 2nd round.

Day two - We'll probably draft O-Line, another DE, CB and a TE seeing as we nearly ran short on them last season when two went down injured.

3. Jammin Jaguar

Been an awesome week for us guys. First JDR signed an extension, then we signed Garrard to a big contract, now Gerald Sensabaugh has signed his tender offer.

Awesome week.

:party2::party2::party2:

4. Jammin Jaguar

Steelers on SNF should be excellent, hopefully yet another great win for the Jaguars there. The past few meetings really have been extraordinary. Travelling to the Reliant on MNF seems a bit odd, but oh well we'll be on Prime time so I'm happy. Our first game on NFL Network when we play the Colts shall be awesome, hopefully we'll still have the division to fight for in week 16.

Overall, I'm very happy with that schedule.

5. Looking forward to this years matchup with Jags

:icon_thumright: Just wanted to say congrats on both your victories over my Steelers last season. But this is gonna be a different scene in '08..:icon_biggrin:

I love the way the Jags play football, they play just like the Steelers play ball or want to play ball. Tough/physical/smashmouth football and that is what wins super bowls.. the Jaguars just need more consistency from your QB. Good luck and hope you enjoy the '08 season..
    :cowboy:

6. JAUK32

JAUK32 The "M" Pire

I love when we face the steelers its always one of my favorite jags game to watch especially at heinz field i look foward to another grinding close game. i think we know who will win :icon_cheesygrin:

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea we do ...

8. Jammin Jaguar

I want to know what the hell we're thinking passing on Josh Barrett even in the 7th round to choose Chauncey Washington. It's quite obvious that we're shallow at Safety so seeing Barrett there in the last round would have been a steal... So we go and choose a Runningback-by-committee that we don't even need.

Screw sake.

9. Roque

Roque BANNED

Thing is Barrett was at some point considered a 2-3 rounder. Something caused him to drop, maybe you guys didn't like the risk.

10. Jammin Jaguar

Our first day was awesome I thought, although we did pick two guys at the same position when I thought that after trading away two 3rd round picks and a 5th round, we'd go ahead and fill in all the needs we had (DE, Safety, Guard) straight away.

Day two, what the hell, Trae Williams isn't too bad of a pick but picking up an OLB and a RB when we still hadn't addressed Guard or Safety is beyond me.

Just our luck that we go ahead and cut Washington before the season starts too, at least if we'd have picked Barrett we'd have at least looked to have made an attempt at addressing a need in our secondary.

11. Jammin Jaguar

The draft picks have had their numbers revealed:

Adam Bishop TE #40
    Alex Boston DE #64
    Chris Brown TE #45
    Anthony Cotrone FB #44
    Clyde Edwards WR #16
    Isauah Gardner CB #36
    Michael Grant CB #26
    Quentin Groves DE #93 - Formerly Bobby McCray
    Derrick Harvey DE #91
    Jeron Harvey WR #19 - Formerly of Ernest Wilford
    Theo Horrocks DT #99 - Formerly of Marcus Stroud
    Drew Miller C/G #61
    Lamar Myles LB #58
    Paul Smith QB #12 - Formerly of Lester Ricard
    Chauncey Washington RB #34 - Formerly of Alvin Pearman
    Thomas Williams LB #53
    Trae Williams CB #22
    Brian Witherspoon CB #38

12. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

May have said this before but I figure its worth a repeat....

I can sleep well at night knowing Jack Del Rio is at the helm for the Jags.

Seriously though, if Garrard can have the season he did last year the Jags will be a lock for a run in the playoffs. Freddy T doesn't even have to be healthy, but if he is it creates a nightmare for defenses. If Porter and Williamson pan and Williams continues to improve watch out Colts for the South crown.

13. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

If Williamson pans.... ?? What makes you think all of the sudden the light is going to click in Jax when it never even came close to clicking in Minny? :lol:

14. iapetus

iapetus Starter

It happens sometimes. Maybe it's the coaching. Maybe it's the relationship with the QB or the other WRs. Maybe it's just a change of scenery and the pressure coming off - because he's not a first round draft pick at the Jaguars, he's a sixth round draft pick.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have particularly high expectations for Williamson. I'd expect him to make the team, but be competing for playing time down at the bottom of the depth chart with John Broussard. But he does still have a whole load of upside, and there's always the chance that his potential will work out with a new team.

For the same reason, it might well be worth some other team picking up Matt Jones once we cut his sorry arse. :icon_cheesygrin:

15. Jammin Jaguar

Probably the same reason that Jack Del Rio though David Garrard was going to pan out all of a sudden after he had a daibolical ending to the 2006 season., y'know.

16. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

Eh, I wouldn't hold your breath.

17. Jammin Jaguar

I found this very interesting on Jaguars.com today:
    Source: Jaguars.com

18. Jammin Jaguar

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/0ap2000000060127/Jaguars-postgame-press-conference]NFL Videos: Jaguars postgame press conference[/ame]