The Official Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by chiefswin19games, May 14, 2008.

1. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I'm the first Chiefs fan to do this? You've gotta be kidding me.

2. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Well I was the only Chiefs fan here for like ever....then a couple of noobs joined last season....haven't seen much of them lately though. :icon_eek:

:cele10: :fworks08: :fworks15: GO CHIEFS!!! There, feel better now? :icon_smile:

3. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

YEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :icon_cheesygrin: we have a chiefs thread

Playoffs 2009 :icon_cheesygrin: I BELIEVE ^^

How many Chiefs fans do we have right now @ GIF ?

6 ?

4. chiefswin19games

I know that hermhater, Canada, and greg63 are fans. Don't know about any others.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

6???

Is that stat for real???

What about the two people before you that posted after you n00b???

:icon_cheesygrin:

6. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

DAMN!... Roya.. I mean Chiefswin.... WTF? You left one out!!:icon_eek:

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I feel much better!!!

Beer for all the Chiefs fans!!!

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

9. tammietailgator

except Chiefswin19.... he is underage :icon_cheesygrin:

10. chiefswin19games

Exactly, what's the matter with me? :beerchug:

I deserved that...

11. tammietailgator

Alright then!!:2bang9hj:

12. chiefswin19games

Chiefs will start rebuilding offensive line right away

By ADAM TEICHER
    The Kansas City Star

The list of tasks the Chiefs need to accomplish in the next month is massive. They need to work in a considerable number of rookies and other new players, learn coordinator Chan Gaileys new offensive system and reestablish Larry Johnson as the centerpiece of their offense.

They will have no more important job than resetting their offensive line, which after years of being among the best in football crumbled into severe decay last season.

Coach Herm Edwards said he plans on wasting no time in getting to that once offseason practice begins on Monday.

After the (offseason practices) and the minicamp, youve got to have the five starters, Edwards said. Youve got to know who the five are going into training camp. Really, youve got to know who the seven (including the two top reserves) are. Theyve got to work together. I was talking with Brian (Waters) last week and he told me thats what killed us last year. We never seemed to practice together.

Youve got to have the five guys playing together. Thats how the good offensive lines play. Thats why theyre good. They know each other and have a feel for each other.

Edwards wouldnt talk about his plans, but the Chiefs will probably line up with rookie Branden Albert at left tackle, Waters at left guard, Rudy Niswanger at center, Adrian Jones at right guard and Damion McIntosh at right tackle.

Albert, Niswanger and Jones are new starters. McIntosh is moving from left tackle. Only Waters is a familiar face in his same place.

The Chiefs promised a revamped line from the moments after the end of last seasons debacle. They initially followed through by releasing John Welbourn and Chris Terry and allowing Casey Wiegmann to sign with Denver as a free agent.

They werent as aggressive in finding replacements. Jones and backup guard Anthony Alabi were claimed off waivers, backup center Wade Smith was signed as a free agent and the Chiefs drafted Albert in the first round and backup tackle Barry Richardson in the sixth.

The coaches have been telling us that they like the guys, the linemen, who are still here, Niswanger said. Coach Edwards does not have a problem playing young guys. They expressed a lot of confidence in a lot of us. Its a good time to be a Chief and a good time to be an offensive lineman for the Chiefs. Theyre going to give everybody the opportunity to play.

The Chiefs can feel reasonably sure what they will get from Waters, a three-time Pro Bowler, and McIntosh, who arrived as a free agent from Miami last year. They are taking a leap of faith at the other spots.

Edwards is confident Albert can play left tackle well. But he was a guard in college at Virginia, and his coaches there werent inclined to play him at the lines most important spot.

The left tackle protects the quarterbacks blind side and usually is responsible for blocking the opponents best pass rusher.

It doesnt matter, Albert said recently when asked about the possibility of playing a new position. I dont feel any pressure. Im just happy to be here and help the team. Im ready to go and ready to help the team improve.

Niswanger played some at guard for the Chiefs last year before tearing knee ligaments late in the season. He has been cleared medically for practice and will play at center, replacing Wiegmann.

My talents and qualities are best-suited toward playing center, he said. I feel more comfortable there. Theres just something about that position. I feel comfortable snapping the ball. A lot of people dont feel comfortable with a defensive lineman two inches from their face. I dont mind that. Thats my range, my zone.

Jones, who played in college at Kansas, was drafted in 2004 by the Jets when they were coached by Edwards. He was mostly a tackle with New York and started one season for Edwards.

He also will be learning a new position. Jones played in just one game at guard for the Jets.

The Chiefs will practice without pads until they get to training camp in Wisconsin in late July. There might be a danger in settling on line starters before the pads come on, but its one Edwards said he believes is worth the risk.

Most of these guys, weve seen them play, Edwards said. Weve got tape on them. We drafted Adrian Jones. I kind of know what Adrian Jones is. Anthony Alabi has been in the league four years. Weve got enough film on him to kind of know what he is. Rudy has been around here for two years. Wade Smith has played in the league for a few years. We kind of know his strengths.

We have to do it this way. They have to play together and practice together. We were a little bit out of kilter in camp last year because we werent able to do that. Its no ones fault but youre a little bit out of kilter. It affects a lot of what you do. Weve got to do a better job of that. We have to stay intact.

13. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

cheifs suck/// that is all

14. Canada

Canada Beer

LOL,,,,Follow your Chief little redskin or I will scalp you!!

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Them's fighting words...

Beer, beer, and more beer!!!!!

[​IMG]

16. Canada

Canada Beer

ahhhh yes ....the beer!!!!:drinks:

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:drinks:

18. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

He left more than one out...I've been here almost 4 years now. :icon_cry:

19. chiefswin19games

Chiefs release preseason and training camp schedule

The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs reunion with Jared Allen is set for late July.

Kansas City will get its first look at its former star defensive end July 31, when the Minnesota Vikings scrimmage the Chiefs in River Falls, Wis.

The Chiefs will spend much of the other three weeks of training camp observing whether their offseason rebuilding effort, which included trading Allen for three draft picks, can improve on last years 4-12 record. The scrimmage was part of a rough preseason schedule the Chiefs released Friday.

Kansas City reports to camp July 24 and begins training a day later. The Chiefs break camp Aug. 15.

A release stated that a more detailed schedule, including specific dates and practice times, will be announced later.

The teams first preseason game is scheduled for Aug. 7, at the Chicago Bears.

Chiefs camp and preseason schedule
    Thursday, July 24: Depart for training camp, River Falls, Wis.

Friday, July 25: Begin training camp

Thursday, July 31: Practice with Minnesota, River Falls

Saturday, Aug. 2: Family Fun Night

Thursday, Aug. 7: Chiefs at Chicago, 7 p.m.

Friday, Aug. 15: Break training camp

Saturday, Aug. 16: Chiefs vs. Arizona, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 23: Chiefs at Miami, 6:30 p.m.

Thursday, Aug. 28: Chiefs vs. St. Louis, 7 p.m.

| Kent Babb, kbabb@kcstar.com

and Glenn Dorsey interview...

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=1884309

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Why the hell don't we have a Chiefs fan Mod on this site???

bandi for Mod!!!

:cele14: