The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

I feel better with Reed back there than I did with Buckhalter...plus, I'm certain he's a better safety than Marcus Paschal.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

aka Marcus who?

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hey fellas. Made my way over here. Football forum blows.

Yeah JR Reed is welcome back any time. I have a bad feeling that Bloom is gonna blow up down the road though. :icon_confused:

Sad thing is there hasn't been a better returner since he left.

:icon_eek:

4. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

Glad to have you here, BS81.

Some other tidbits from the overnight:

--Practice squad not set yet, a definite sign that they're looking to retain Akeem Jordan and/or Marcus Paschal.
    --CB Rashad Barksdale was claimed off waivers by the Chiefs, and signed to their active roster. He's a project, so I'm curious as to how the Chiefs plan to use him. He also has a ton of athletic ability, but before anyone jumps off the bridge, remember that he's a PROJECT.

So much for that. The Eagles will announce 6 players being signed to the practice squad today...

FB Jason Davis, DT Jeremy Clark, WR Michael Gasperson, DE Marques Murrell, WR Bill Sampy, and TE Lee Vickers. The Eagles can keep as many as 8 players on their practice squad, but presumably are waiting for 2 other players to clear waivers.

5. DawkinsINT

I'm glad Davis is there. He's good insurance. I thought he played fairly well in the preseason.

Did you guys notice that the Eagles list Togafu as the backup Mike? Do you think that it's just the way they list it and Bradley might actually be the backup?

It would be pretty sad if an undrafted rookie free agent who couldn't make the Cards is our #2 there.

I'm really worried about the defense.

6. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

Not really Eagles related anymore, but...

Jeremiah Trotter has signed a one-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

7. DawkinsINT

Good for Trot. I still have much love for him.

I don't know how I missed this post. Great having you here, bro.

I'm worried that Reed may not be the same type of returner since his injury.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

BS81 !! what up bro ?!

what's up my man ?!! welcome aboard. :icon_cool:

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Word up!

Yeah, he'll no doubt be a little slower, but he had great vision before, which I'm betting he still has.

I don't like cutting Bloom. Not at all. I think they shoulda gave him a little more time.

:buttrock:

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

guys i am getting do frigging pumped !!! we're only 3 freaking days away from kickoff. i really hope the defense holds up, it worries me but i'll stay positive until they give me reason not to be.

11. DawkinsINT

3 days seems forever away. I can't wait to #5 leading the offense downfield again! :buttrock:

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

i see a 31-17 eagles win here with westbrook running for 115yrds w 1td and 60yrds rcv with 1td

13. DawkinsINT

It'll be interesting to see how much they run the ball with McNabb being back. I can't wait until Sunday.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

i really hope they try to run the ball as much as they did last year when mcnabb went out. beyond needing to be balanced it will help keep our defense off the field all game.

15. DawkinsINT

What time are you starting the tailgating on Sunday, Sean?

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

away game so no tailgating this week but the house party starts at 10.

next week the tailgate starts @ 10 as well for the monday night game. :icon_eek:

17. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Fly Eagles Fly

On your road to MISERY!!!!

18. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

19. DawkinsINT

Wow. That's going to make me lose sleep.

20. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

- your sarcasm

It still will :icon_wink: