The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i agree dawk, let's wait and see how they play against a real offense before we crown them.

i found the av pic and thought it was a perfect fit.

2. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

I'm not worried about any team in the NFC. Nobody looks that strong at all. The Cowboys are the clutch pick at this point, but they've played the Giants and the Dolphins. Neither one exactly inspires memories of the 85 Bears, frankly speaking.

However, the Patriots (spanking the Chargers as we speak) scare the hell out of me. They seem a lot like our beloved Birds in '04, right down to the butthole receiver coming in and playing the "Oh, lookie who has a new toy" role.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah the patriots look down right nasty. they didn't need to cheat to be this good either.

well, i'll be in the wach center lot by 12:30. win or lose i doubt you'll hear from me tomorrow.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Damn, that's an early start. I'm jealous.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

:icon_cheesygrin: dude, there were people down there by 7 a/m.

6. DawkinsINT

I'm going to be pissed looking at the clock this afternoon here at work knowing that you guys will be partying. :icon_sad:

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'll do a shot of rum in your honor.

8. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

I'm working today tailgating is obviously out. I did, however, receive a text message to my phone at 10:26am this morning. It was from my friend Joe, and it said, very simply:

"in lot already, fuk u, hahahaha"

Grrrrrrreat.

9. DawkinsINT

:rollinglaugh:

I finally can kick back with a few pregame brews. :beer-smiley:

10. DawkinsINT

I am so pissed about the playcalling last night. As awful as McNabb's accuracy was, combined with Westbrook off to a good start on the ground, why the heck were they not running? Did they not learn their lesson at the end of last season?

11. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I was watching the game last night thinking the same thing. Westbrook had 96 yds rushing and 66 yds receiving. Why did they stop giving him the ball? McNabb looked terrible and some of the play calling was just head scratching.

12. DawkinsINT

When McNabb is at the helm, they don't believe in running the football no matter how bad he looks. It's mind boggling.

13. Tiburon41

Tiburon41 Starter

I don't understand it either. At one point last night, I was talking to a friend and said, look at this...25 passes, 105 yards, 16 rushes, 110 yards--so what do they do? Pass-pass-pbutt.

McNabb isn't sharp, but how much better would he look if the opposition were worried about the run on every play?

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

it all comes down to the head coach and reid is proving that he was nothing more than the tallest midget in a very weak nfc.

15. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

The Eagles don't seem to realize that they can't win with what they have anymore. Almost everyone improved their offense and defense in the NFC. Or they at least tried to make improvements.

I'm not saying the Eagles should pluck everyone like Washington, but Jesus, do something to help the team get better. At this point, they aren't any better than they were last year.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

your #1 rb is averaging 5.7yrds per carry while your q/b is lost. what should you do as a head coach ?

a - keep running the ball and probably win the game
    b - abandon the run and make lame excuses while clearing your throat trying to explain the team's loss

17. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

3rd & 2 and your in a shotgun formation. unbelievable.

18. DawkinsINT

I don't think I've ever been as pissed at this team as I am right now. Between Reid's playcalling and McNabb's race comments, I'm beyond angry at them both.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

From G-Cobb.com
    According to an Eagles teammate, there's a perception among team members that Donovan McNabb doesn't receive the same level of scrutiny from the coaching staff as the rest of the team.
    I'm told that the perception that McNabb isn't called on the carpet for bad plays in the same way his teammates are, has created a separation between Donovan and his teammates. He's looked on as being the teacher's pet. It's the reason McNabb didn't receive support from his teammates during the Terrell Owens saga.
    The Owens saga pulled the covers off the relationship between McNabb and his teammates. I have never seen a situation where a teammate was attacked by another teammate the way McNabb was by Owens, and not one of the other teammates steps up to defend that criticized teammate. It gave us a look into the strained relationship between McNabb and his teammates.

I'm told that there is a dysfunctional relationship between Donovan McNabb and the Eagles coaching staff, especially Andy Reid. I'm told that Eagles players don't feel Andy corrects McNabb's errors. He chooses to send his subordinates to the quarterback when he needs to be reeled in. As you know Donovan loves kidding around and I understand that he goes too far with it sometimes in practice. When this happens, I'm told that Reid will send assistant coaches to McNabb to tell him to shut down the clowning during practice. This perception amongst the team is the reason Eagles players got on board with enthusiasm when Jeff Garcia was at the helm. They liked the fact that Garcia was not above the correction of the coaches.

I'm disturbed by this because a coach isn't doing his job if he doesn't correct a player when the player makes a mistake. McNabb's teammates don't feel Andy corrects him like he corrects the rest of the team. This has spread to off the field situations where McNabb has a strained relationship with his teammates. This is the reason for all the "McNabb has lost the locker room" comments of a year ago.
    I don't see any way Donovan McNabb will return to quarterback for the Eagles in the 2008 season. It's very apparent that rookie Kevin Kolb will take over as the Birds starting quarterback. I'm told the Eagles want to rid themselves of McNabb because the team chemistry is off when he's running things.
    Andy Reid has created a troubling situation by refusing to correct McNabb's mistakes and created resentment amongst his teammates. Players are tired of being called on the carpet when they make mistakes, then sit by and watch Eagles coaches refusing the correct McNabb.

20. DawkinsINT

[​IMG]

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=13973