THE OFFICIAL RED WINGS THREAD

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by lionheart?, May 14, 2009.

1. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

dude you have 2 great young players the rest are just young role players

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

said by a bitter capitals fan.

i dont know why you insist im a bandwagoner, i watch every game i can, but living at college in philly this year with limited channels on tv made it hard, now i get every game since its the playoffs. i went to 2 flyers/pens games this year and a few other flyers games just cause my roomate has season tickets. im not the biggest hockey fan in the world but ive gotten into it over the past 2-3 years, especially when football season is over.

wings really are not playing that good thus far in the playoffs and crosby has been disgusting in the post season, malkin got his head out of his butt recently and they are just freaking stacked when those 2 are playing good...the team has some serious talent and got alot of exerience last year so theres no reason to say they cant win it all and theres no excuse if they dont....dont be so bitter

i just really hope detroit beats chicago so we can see a rematch

3. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

well see ^^

4. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

you do realize we didnt try in round 1 it was no contest lids barely even got off the bench in the 3rd period and in round 2 we had to beat the ducks at their game ...goonage... so it hasnt been a pretty playoffs

and its very easy for Cindy to do well in the playoffs the edict has come from above that he gets the gretzky rules

1 major thing about the pens you forget you had more talent on the roster last year and then you dumped half your team in the offseason so alot of that expirence is gone it wouldnt shock to see the canes win in 5

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

As long as they are helping the team win, does it matter?

Don't be shocked when the series goes seven games.

6. K Train

and would you be surprised to see the pens win in 5? beating the capitals and mighty ovechkin didnt happen on accident and the flyers were no sloutch of a team either. your so quick to hate on them and call him cindy, meanwhile he just dominates just about every game

7. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

the caps are a 1 man team

lol dominates lol make him play to the same rules as everyone else and we will talk

8. K Train

:icon_rolleyes:

9. L.Johnson #27

the caps arent a one man team

they have no defense ...

very young team .. watch out in 2-3 years ..

bckstrom is already one of the best center in this league and he is 22 ...

10. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

Are you off your meds kid? DATSUK is has more talent than any three guys combined on your team. The NHL should be promoting him instead of crybaby crosby. The Hawks are up and comming but have no chance this year. That is the truth and reality of it all.

11. K Train

:icon_rolleyes:

12. lionheart?

Cmon K train, Datsuk is better than Crosby

13. K Train

how so? in that his stats fall short of crosbys in every category?

maybe in that he has 171 reg season goals since 1998 and crosby has 132 since 2005

he has one post season playoff goal and crosby has 11?

basically crosby has a more impressive individual body of work in 3 years at 21 than datsyuk has in 6 years at 30...all crosby needs to do is win the cup and this wont even be a fair comparison

no disrespect, im not saying the wings arent a good team but at some point you guys are gonna have to look at the pens as one of the top teams and crosby/malkin as 2 of the best players in the league. or not, either way they are just gonna keep winning

14. lionheart?

Datsuk is more of a complete player IMO, Crosby/Malkin are to be reckon with, they proved it last year. Stats are stats but if I had to choose one over the other it would be Datsuk and not because Im from here.

15. K Train

crosby might not be the most complete player but what hes good at hes very good at. and hes not as big of a snitch as everyone thinks, hes a little guy and does throw his body around quite a bit for being such a cat in the beginning of his career.

16. lionheart?

Yeah hes getting better, I dont hate him, I hate him being crammed down our throat by the media and Don the dipcrap Cherry. But I guess he did the same for Steve yzerman

17. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

do me a favor and look at hossas career stats then this years that the difference in playing for the wings and any other team

18. L.Johnson #27

@ K Train

Pavel has 2 Cups and he will win at least 2 until his career end

CROSBY --> 0

and dont compare the freaking stats ...

Datsyuk >>> Crosby , any day baby

i cant wait untill the olympic games in vancouver

the russians will have a hell of great team :)

19. lionheart?

Crosby shares the puck with Malkin thats it. Datsyuk shares the puck with the whole damn team because thats what they are......a team, not two good players, but a plethora of talent that keeps coming. The Red Wings are the deepest team in the nhl and our third line is better than most teams first!

20. K Train

hes not better than crosby anyday, crosby is only 21 and is already on the the edge of the stanely cup for the second time. he was a pick to build a team around and thats what they are doing.....i dont know how you can project another 2 cups wins for datsyuk but you dont think crosby has a shot.

you are just a big time hater, i mean i cant blame you, i would hate him too....i dont like ovechkin at all but at least i can acknowledge him as a great player

im not pretending to be this giant hockey fan, cause im not, but i have gotten into it and do enjoy it and i follow it enough. honestly during football season i dont follow it that much, its really like a fallback sport for me, but that doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about. i dont discredit your opinion, you seem to follow the sport very closely but you dont have to just hate on mine because my favorite teams player gets crammed down your throat by the media