THE OFFICIAL RED WINGS THREAD

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by lionheart?, May 14, 2009.

1. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYmuQfP1d9Q&feature=featured"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYmuQfP1d9Q&feature=featured[/ame]

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

This post makes zero sense. FOREVER, the NHL has moved games up because series end before the "scheduled" date. That's nothing new. The "June 4th and 5th-ish" is just a suggested start date if the series went their full lengths.

Back to back games in no way takes the home ice away from the Red Wings. Both teams are playing...same place, same time, same season...it's not like the Red Wings are playing the Ducks today and the Penguins tomorrow...

NHL Teams play back to back during the regular season 12-15 times a year. Sometimes one home and then one the next night on the road. These are two home games...the scheduling doesn't take the home ice advantage away...

Most teams opt not to embrace the Conference Trophies...lol...

Good Video...

3. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

there has never been a back2back in the finals...... in every other series just as backcock said he could ahve gone bear hunting in between so now we are playing a back2back and 3 games in 4 days and 4 games in 6 days

and during the season its called a " league game " when you play back2back they schedule it that way for parity becuase odds are your going to lose 1 of them

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

So what if it's the first time...that's not the point...it doesn't give the Penguins anymore advantage over the Red Wings that there are two games back to back. They are both playing in the same game...

The NBA Finals schedule also has to be taken into consideration when doing the NHL.

"League Game?" That's totally made up...lol...the schedules are the way they are because of building availability and the teams they have to schedule. They don't create "league games" on the basis of parity. Every game they play is a "league game." If they were doing back to back games because of parity, they'd be doing the same amount of back to back games for every team...which is not the case.

I'm not going to list the Red Wings whole regular season schedule, but here's the first 10 games that landed back to back.

Thrashers @ Redwings - W
    Red Wings @ Blackhawks - W

Red Wings @ Lightning - W
    Red Wings @ Panthers - W

Blue Jackets @ Red Wings - W
    Red Wings @ Bruins - L

Red Wings @ Stars - L
    Red Wings @ Coyotes - L

Red Wings @ Predators - L
    Red Wings @ Avalanche - OTL

How many are "league games?"

5. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

any back2back game is a scheduled loss

yes the NBA and building availability play into it but if the NHL didnt want back2back games to create parity they wouldnt have them and we would be playing the games like we did back when montreal in the 70s had those real dominate teams

why do you think teams dont roll off huge winning streaks any more.....becuase of the way schedules are put together

6. lionheart?

I could be wrong but I think the games in Pittsburg are back to back also. If this is the case all is fair.

7. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

they arnt

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Back 2 back games have nothing to do with parity. It's based on building availibility, it's based on the teams that each team has to play, it's based on travel, it's based on the other events happening in the host city...there is no such thing as scheduling for parity...as much as you want it to be, it's just not there...not on purpose. How do you explain one team having more back to back games than another? Is the league trying to make one team lose more than another? The Red Wings played roughly 14 times back to back...the Oilers 15 times...the Avalanche 7 times. Yet the Avalanche wind up in last place in the conference, the Wings first, the Oilers eleventh...

The reason the NHL has to play back to back games this season is because of the television availability. There's limited number of spots available on NBC and if you really think that NBC is going to preempt the debut of Conan O'Brien's Tonight Show for NHL Hockey you'd be grossly mistaken. Hence the major reason the games are back to back. I believe it is also sweeps week...so there's no shot the NHL is taking a front seat to anything NBC is offereing. Actually, sweeps week may have been last week...not exactly sure.

Also to take 7-10 days off after the end of the Conference Finals before the Stanley Cup Finals is a joke...the league has to move the games up. You can't take that much time off in between.

So again, the Pens gain no advantage in this situation...no more than what the Wings already have...

Go Red Wings.

9. lionheart?

Really, I thought I saw a schedule that had them back to back. Well thats BULLCRAP! Ward I will have to disagree with you on this one, The advantage is that Pittsburg is not on the road as long as Detroit will be. I would think the league aka Bettman would make all things even.

While not a huge advantage it still benefits the Pens. It will not affect the outcome of the series, these are professionals and Babcock will have them ready to play no matter. He always says we dont worry about things we cant control and this would fall into that catagory. Wings in 7

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's nothing Bettman can do...NBC won't put an NHL game on and risk preempting the debut of the Tonight Show. That's silly.

The Red Wings will be on the road one extra day? If you want to say they'll lose a game, both games in Pittsburgh that would be fine, but you can't say that the Red Wings having back to back games at home is an advantage for Pittsburgh.

11. lionheart?

This^:icon_cheesygrin:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think and hope the Wings win as well...heck Sidney...lol

13. lionheart?

:buttrock::clap::buttrock::clap::doindadomodance:

14. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

im not saying take a week and a half off but 3-4 days wouldnt be bad hype up the games a little

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

They don't have a choice with NBC though...that's the problem...

I understand what you are saying.

16. lionheart?

Conan's goofy butt is not as important as the Stanley Cup Playoffs IMO.

17. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

lol i bet if Miss Cindy was hurt the series would be starting July 10th with 3 days between the games

Lets Go Red Vings!!!!!

18. lionheart?

:icon_eek: Holy crap thats my birthday. Did you pull that date out of your butt or are you stalking me. lol but yeah Cindy is the face of league. Whatever.

19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Should be a good series

20. lionheart?

GO WINGS GO!

I am so sick of the Crosby/Malkin/Pens blowfest. Screw off all you haters, ESPN, NBC. They have cameras in Crosby/Malkins helmets? Are you freaking kidding me? I cant wait till the Wings kick their asses then we can watch them cry while they hold each other courteous of CROSBY CAM! wtf.

Obvious trip right in front of the ref and no penalty go figure...good thing ozzie is playin out of his mind. and the refs just called a crap penalty on the Wings....I hate NHL officials and Bettman.