The Official UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008 Thread

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Nov 15, 2008.

1. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

He is an butthole!

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Did he hurt your boys feelings tammie?

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Technically you're right...although Bisping kicked his butt and got robbed. Doesn't matter....you watch, that hecken c**t won't have the belt long...you can hold me to it.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He looks like he's improved his game to the point that he's able to enforce his will on his opponents.

Rashad is a force.

Roy31 you are good at being a rod, but you are better at picking winners in MMA...

:cheersbeer:

5. tammietailgator

Forrest will get the title back!

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

How?

Evans looks unstoppable.

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Silva knocked out Jackson twice in a row before this fight.

on another note, classless buttholes usually get whats coming to them

8. tammietailgator

Screw that... evans got a break in the fight - got the take down and then hammered him.... Anyone else would have given him the fight in the first few seconds of that. Forrest held on longer than anyone could have, including evans! Forrest will be back

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Exactly, it may not be by Forrest but someone in Evans first couple title defenses will take his belt and make him look like a snitch in the process.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I suck at betting.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

was it a good showing
    i went to bed and missed it

12. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

None of my fighters won....

Evans didn't do anything to impress me. It was more of Forrest getting over aggressive and getting away from what had him winning and completely controlling the fight. Truly disappointing.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:qft:

14. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

All the underdogs won in their fights. I thought Wanderlei was going to be in Rampage's head. They both came out aggressively. Wanderlei was making use of solid leg kicks and Rampage wasn't cfreaking them well. However, when Wanderlei through that big overhand, Rampage ducked under it and came up with a check left hook that was right on Silva's jaw. Silva was KO'd on contact and woke up a couple minutes later.

Frank Mir deserves much respect. He came out with a fantastic game plan against Noguera. He utilized angles very well to negate Nog's reach advantage was landing excellent upper cuts. He dropped Nog 3 times (2 in the first round, 1 in the second). On the 3rd knockdown he was able to finish Nog by landing several shots unblocked. Nog wasn't out of it, but he wasn't intelligently defending himself so the stoppage was a good call. Mir now faces Brock a 2nd time for the HW title.

Rashad was loosing his fight to Forrest before catching a leg kick in the 3rd round for a takedown. He landed some heavy shots from guard and got the ground and pound stoppage. Forrest's game plan was on point as always, but he had his kick caught.

I was impressed with all of the fights and was greatly impressed

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I lost so much vCash.

:grumpy:

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

alternatively I won a whole lot

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Congrats mike.

18. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

All my bets went the other way too HH. I was not expecting some of these outcomes. It was a great event to watch because of that though.