The Rise And Fall Of The Aces And Eights........Can It Be Saved?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by misfitz, Jan 14, 2013.

1. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Ok I wrote this as an article for a TNA fansite and if its good enough I could get a monthly column there so please give me your honest feedback on this.
    [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=802]Crowned[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=1764]dublin mike[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=1815]codatious99[/MENTION]

On June 14, 2012 during a heartfelt speech from 'The Icon' Sting, three masked members hit the ring and beat down Sting leaving him broken and laying face down in the ring as Impact faded out. Three weeks past with no word from the masked wrestlers until July 5, 2012 when a man barges into Hulk Hogan's office and delivered an envelope that contained photograph of the poker hand Aces and Eights. Over the next 3 months the Aces and Eights reeked havoc on the TNA roster. They took out Sting and injured Hulk Hogan. They beat down TNA superstars like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, James Storm and they even broke TNA Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries arm. They even kidnapped Joseph Parks, Hulk Hogan and Sting. The faction was fresh and the mind games they played along with the masks added intrigue to this biker gang and they looked unstoppable. The Internet Wrestling Community was swirling with rumors and theories on who was in the Aces and Eights. The mystery of who, what and why is what worked for this group

Everything was going great until No Surrender where we saw Aces and Eights start to decline. At No Surrender Austin Aries with a broken arm handles the “Armbreaker” from Aces and Eights. After a brawl with the TNA roster Hulk Hogan decides that he has had enough and he calls the police to lock down the Impact Zone. Locking the building down was a stupid move for them to do. The Aces and Eights were smart bad-asses and they this is what kept them out of the Impact Zone. Aces and Eights are given a chance to be able to enter the Impact Zone as they please if they can beat Sting and Bully Ray and if they lost they would be gone forever. They win the match after two Aces and Eights members interfered and immediately following the match Hulk Hogan hits the ring and takes out every member of the Aces and Eights by himself. After taking out all of the Aces and Eights Hogan unmasks a member of the Aces and Eights and it was Devon. This reveal made little sense at the time and didn't make any sense. Was it shocking yes but the shock factor did not add anything to storyline and was did not add any lasting excitement. Since Bound for Glory the Aces and Eights have not won a single match clean and have lost more matches than they have won. They have not stated what their goals in TNA are and they do not have a real purpose other than being Kurt Angle's job squad. If you look at where Aces and Eights were in September versus now the group has certainly regressed. TNA has been trying to make this into a year long angle and they have been dragging their feet with it and any initial threat that Aces and Eights were slowly fades with each lose they take in the ring. No amount of backstage attacks or taking out wrestlers is going to matter if they cannot win a wrestling match clean.

However the Aces and Eights as down as it is right now can still recover and still have a good payoff. The first thing that needs to be done is for the leader to set up consequences for members who fail to win wrestling matches. Have the leader show up in the clubhouse and say that he is tired of them losing matches and from here on out if you lose a match you could lose your patch. Once that has been established have them start winning and present them as being dominate. They have to start winning if you want them to be taken seriously. The leader needs to come forward and announce what the real intentions of the Aces and Eights are. The leader has to be a big name like Jeff Jarrett but the man that I want to be revealed as leader of the Aces and Eights is Adam Copeland. He could save this group and it would pop a huge rating for TNA. I do not care if he can wrestle or not the man is a Wrestling Hall of Famer and excellent on the mic and would create that buzz that TNA needs. This coming Thursday could be a huge night. If Brooke and Bully or even just Bully turn on Hogan and are revealed as members of Aces and Eights and they take out Hulk than the angle will pick up steam again. They need to pull a rabbit out of their hat because what was once the hottest angle in TNA is quickly becoming the biggest joke in TNA.

2. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

I like the article. As far as tna goes, if they would lose hogan the company as a whole would be soooooo much better. I can't watch it with him and the entire show revolves around him.

But I'm getting off topic. Good stuff

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Looks decent to me, but I don't know enough to really judge it as far as wrestling articles go. Let me call in an expert for you [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION]

4. misfitz

Yeah this is the first wrestling related column that I have posted I think it started a little slow but it picked up and got better as it went on.

I wrote this in about 1 hour.

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

putting aside my normal poor spelling - horribly punctuated - trolling - trying to be funny - banter i post on gif :icon_cheesygrin:

i would recommend re reading it a few times and cutting out the fat

theres just a few spots where ya kinda repeat what your putting over

when you say ---This reveal made little sense at the time and didn't make any sense. Was it shocking yes but the shock factor did not add anything to storyline and was did not add any lasting excitement.--

trim it down to - devons reveal had little shock value and any lasting excitement adding to an already fading storyline --

just edit your self a bit better

good start yo keep it up

6. misfitz

On June 14, 2012 during a heartfelt speech from 'The Icon' Sting, three masked members hit the ring and beat down Sting leaving him broken and laying face down in the ring as Impact faded out. Three weeks past with no word from the masked wrestlers until July 5, 2012 when a man barges into Hulk Hogan's office and delivered an envelope that contained photograph of the poker hand Aces and Eights. Over the next three months the Aces and Eights reeked havoc on the TNA roster. They took out Sting and injured Hulk Hogan. They beat down TNA superstars like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, James Storm, and they even broke TNA Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries arm. They even kidnapped Joseph Parks, Hulk Hogan, and Sting. The faction was fresh and the mind games they played along with the masks added intrigue to this biker gang which looked unstoppable. The Internet Wrestling Community was swirling with rumors and theories on who was in the Aces and Eights. The mystery of who, what, and why worked for this group.
    Everything was going great until No Surrender where the Aces and Eights began to decline. At No Surrender Austin Aries with a broken arm handles the “Armbreaker” from Aces and Eights. After a brawl with the TNA roster Hulk Hogan decides that he has had enough, and he calls the police to lock down the Impact Zone. Locking the building down was a stupid move for them to do. The Aces and Eights were bad-asses, and it did not make any sense that this is what kept them out of the Impact Zone. Aces and Eights were finally given a chance to enter the Impact Zone as they please if they can beat Sting and Bully Ray and if they lost they would be gone forever. They win the match after two Aces and Eights members interfered and immediately following the match Hulk Hogan hits the ring and takes out every member of the Aces and Eights by himself. Hogan manages to unmask a member of the Aces and Eights and it was Devon. Devon's reveal had initial shock value without adding any lasting excitement to an already fading storyline. Since Bound for Glory the Aces and Eights have not won a single match clean and have lost more matches than they have won. They have not stated what their goals in TNA are and they do not have a real purpose other than being Kurt Angle's job squad. Look at where Aces and Eights were in September versus where they are now and the group has certainly regressed. TNA has been trying to make this into a year long angle and they have been dragging their feet with it and any initial threat that Aces and Eights were slowly fades with each lose they take in the ring. No amount of backstage attacks or taking out wrestlers will matter if they cannot win a wrestling match clean.
    However, the Aces and Eights as down as it is currently they can still recover and still have a good payoff. The first thing that needs to be done is for the leader to set up consequences for members who fail to win wrestling matches. Have the leader show up in the clubhouse and say that he is tired of them losing matches and from here on out if a member loses a match, they could lose your patch. Once that has been established have them start winning and present them as being dominate. They have to start winning if you want them to be taken seriously. The leader needs to come forward and announce what the real intentions of the Aces and Eights are. The leader has to be a big name like Jeff Jarrett but the man that should be revealed as leader of the Aces and Eights is Adam Copeland. He could save this group and it would pop a huge rating for TNA. I do not care if he can wrestle or not the man is a Wrestling Hall of Famer and excellent on the mic and would create that buzz that TNA needs. This coming Thursday could be a huge night. If Brooke and Bully or even just Bully turn on Hogan and are revealed as members of Aces and Eights and they take out Hulk than the angle will pick up steam again. They need to pull a rabbit out of their hat because what was once the hottest angle in TNA is quickly becoming the biggest joke in TNA.

This is what it looks like after I edited it and cleaned it up and made it academic style writing.

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Nice article, I'd be more brief with the backstory and shed some light on the issues at hand and your ideas to solve them. Remember, your target audience won't need a history lesson on the Aces & Eights. A quick recap to where we are now would do.