The Worst MMA Match Is On Now On Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Buck Fenson, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I don't know if it is a real match or not. Sorta like a wrestling match. I quit watching MMA after they installed rules. One of the "fighters" has half his head shaved and cornrows on the shaved part. The other guy is a bumbling giant moron who looks like the lead singer of Kansas. It isn't an octogon or a cage. All half hair dude is doing is kicks to the inside of bumbling fools' leg. The giant dude stumbles and tries to swing a punch so slow that my dead granny can dodge. Called Pride fighting. Anyone heard of this? Lame. The fighters are someone named Herring and Silva.

2. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

I really should figure out if this is serious or not. PRIDE was the Japanese organization that semi-competed with the UFC in the 2000s before going under- due to shady Japanese business dealings or what-have-you. This was the place that launched the careers of guys like Fedor, and the Silvas (all 357 of them that aren't related), and Rampage Jackson, etc. When the UFC was finally able to put on fights like Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva, they crap their pants because of the PRIDE background.

And to answer the "who" these guys may have been- one is definitely Heath Herring (last seen fighting in 2008- Brock Lesnar's first UFC win). But he never fought a Silva, although the way you described his opponent made me think of Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva. Had to be Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Not sure though.