Titans Fan's Wish For 2010: Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Jun 15, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I am starting this now...I hope the Titans move on from the Vince Young mess and in the 2010 draft are in position to draft Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead. The kid has got skills and I think would be a great fit with the Titans.

Here are some highlights of Snead:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ym0IjxULlQ]YouTube - DraftParty: QB Jevan Snead Highlights Ole Miss 2008[/ame]

Jevan Snead transfered to Ole Miss from Texas after being stuck behind Colt McCoy. In his first year as a starter at Ole Miss Snead passed for 2,762 yards, 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Snead's 145.5 passer-efficiency rating ranked third among SEC quarterbacks behind Tebow (172.4) and Georgia's Matt Stafford (153.5).

I hope that draft "experts" find reasons to chop down his play and give Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow and others get better grades. IMO Snead translates the best to the NFL game.

So c'mon Titans! Snead in 2010!

[​IMG]

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sorry SRW but I am not sure if Snead will fall past the top ten. Unless the front office can somehow make some sort of a deal involving the swapping of first round picks and a player like VY.

3. SRW

The Titans have numerous players who are going to be restricted free agents this offseason. Maybe a package deal with one of them will get a deal done to move up for Snead.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That is the best case scenario.

5. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Seattle will trade Denver's top 5 pick (you know thats coming) for Chris Johnson :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

So you want another university of texas kid. great.

7. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

If the top team needs a QB he isn't getting to #2 let alone wherever you guys pick..unless you tank from game 1

8. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

Snead will no way be the first QB taken. Bradford will be.

9. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

He'll slip just like all spread QBs will when they are exposed in pro-style drills imo.

If he gets touched 10 times a season - not even sacked - I'd be shocked...just like timmy hes surrounded by top notch talent in every position.

10. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

I haven't even thought that far ahead, SRW. It seems to be a good draft to need a future at QB with the talent coming out. I need to watch more of Snead this fall.

11. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Going off that video, Ole Miss has a pro-style offense.

12. SRW

Here's another feature on him from ESPN:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JItc_fgBRKQ]YouTube - Jevan Snead on College Football Live[/ame]

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If the NFL goes uncapped, the Tiatans should have any issue finacially cutting Young. They'll have to pay out the rest of his guarenteed money, but they wont have any future cap hit

Next year would be the perfect year for them to move on from Young

14. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

I think it's set up in a way that next year wouldn't be too bad, regardless of a cap or not. Or it may be that his contract gets so big next year that it would be ridiculous to pay him. Either way, barring a miracle in his favor, he will be gone by next summer.

15. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I was takling about Sam Bradford. who plays in the spread at Oklahoma
    Ole Miss system along one of the reasons why i think he has a very legitimate shot at being #1 overall.

16. Jihad Joe

Snead will have one more year of eligibility after this season, so he may not be a lock

To be taken with a ginormous grain of salt.......here are NFLDS's project 1st, 1st/2nd and 2nd round QB's for 2010and 2011 (since both Bradford and Snead will be 5 years SR's if they use all there eligibility)

2010-

1st-
    Colt Mcoy- Texas
    Tim Tebow- Florida (dont kill the messenger)

2nd
    Dan LeFevour- Central Michigan

1st

Jevan Snead- Missisippi
    Sam Bradford- Oklahoma

1st/2nd

Jimmy Claussen- Notre Dame

2nd

Jake Locker- Washington

17. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

If Snead goes as a junior i seriously can see Clausen as the top QB in his senior year.

18. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Whoops, my bad.

19. Jihad Joe

A big SR year, I can possibly..........possibly see Clausen coming out.

It will take a BCS Bowl and being a Heisman candidate, and even then considering he is a true JR, its a bit of a long shot, but possible

20. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Which is amazing considering the Ostrich hasn't got close to living up to the hype. Just looking at the list of potential first round QB's just shows how badily the Spread Offense has killed off the Pro Style QB prospects.

Also, I'm confused how Colt McCoy is being touted as a potential stud QB in the NFL, yet Tim Tebow is being projected as a FB, they run similar offensive styles. Both IMO are 3rd Round QBs.