Titans LB Akeem Ayers Will Miss Remainder Of Preseason With High Ankle Sprain

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by Sweets, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Linebacker Akeem Ayers will miss the remainder of the preseason for the Tennessee Titans, with what he revealed to be a high ankle sprain.

Now, per TitanInsider, Ayers did not say definitively if he would be back in time for the regular-season opener against Pittsburgh, even though he says the ankle he injured against Cincinnati last Saturday is feeling better.

“They haven't really told me anything yet, so I guess we're just really playing day by day to see how my ankle feels and how I'm progressing each week and just pretty much go from there really,â€￾ Ayers said. “It's a high ankle. It wasn't as bad as a few guys on our team, but everybody heals differently. So I don't think it's that bad. It's starting to feel better already, but I pretty much just need to take care of it right now and go from there.â€￾

Ayers is a guy the Titans are counting on to fill a couple of roles - strong side linebacker in the base 4-3 package, and a rush end in Tennessee's nickel package. In fact, in preseason with Ayers now out, Patrick Bailey is the base linebacker, while Kamerion Wimbley will play the rush end role.

Source: National Football Post