Titans LB Zach Brown Played Last Season With Shoulder Injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Jun 1, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

By all accounts, Titans linebacker Zach Brown had an outstanding rookie season in 2012, posting 93 tackles, 5.5 sacks and three interceptions.

But his numbers become that much more impressive given his circumstances.

Brown said Friday that he suffered a left shoulder injury in training camp, one that he knew would require surgery. But he played in all 16 games – starting 13 – before undergoing arthroscopic surgery during the offseason.

“I knew I had to have surgery during training camp. I tore (the shoulder) and it was messed up, so I just played through the whole season with a brace,†Brown said. “I was kind of using my right arm (to compensate) for my left because I really couldn’t extend it all that much. I still felt like it was a good season and I’m hoping to do better this year now that I can use it.â€

Brown is still a week or two away from being allowed to participate in contact portions of practice. But he’s still been able to excel in pass coverage during OTAs.

“For me, my goal is not to let the tight end catch the ball,†Brown said. “They’ve yet to do that in OTAs, even though it’s 7-on-7s. Nobody’s caught a ball on me yet.â€

Source: The Tennessean