Titans Owner Bud Adams Says QB Vince Young Won't Be On Roster Next Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by ravenfan52, Jan 5, 2011.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

It appears Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher has won his battle with quarterback Vince Young. For now. The Titans announced Wednesday that owner Bud Adams has decided to trade or release Young, while he will continue to evaluate Fisher. It was wideley speculated that Young's departure was neccesary for Fisher, the NFL's longest tenured head coach, to remain in Nashville for a 17th season. "Today, I informed our general manager Mike Reinfeldt to move forward with plans to begin the process of identifying the next quarterback for our franchise," Adams said in a statement released by the team. "He will inform Vince Young's agent that Vince will not be on our roster next season. I want to offer my personal thanks to Vince for all of his positive contributions to the club. These kinds of decisions are never easy and this is especially true for this particular player. I certainly wish that things would have worked out better, but I think it is best for the franchise that we move on at this point."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ok so they keep fisher....do they get orton? hasselbeck? kolb? Mcnabb?

draft newton? mallet? locker? gabbert?

does vince go to AZ? Minny? Washington? SF? buf?

so many questions!!! lol

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Please Not DC

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Marc Bulger!!

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

say what you want about the crazy man, but hes a winner with baggage lol

6. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

Please! Please! Don't let him come to DC. I don't think Shannahan will let it happen.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Fisher should have still been fired,trade for a starting qb or draft one in the first and groom him under Collins for a year or 2. I understand the team couldn't choose quarterback over coach it sets a bad precedent, but both should be gone.

8. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

We'll trade Fisher his highly coveted Matt Leinart for him any day.

I would like to see VY on a team where they want him, and not pull him out every chance they get for a loser QB, just to try and prove a point to the owner that he shouldn't have made you draft him.

9. Why trade for a vet when you already have one in Collins......I say just draft his successor.

Forget Bulger. At least Bud Adams came to his senses to drop this sack of crap.

10. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Dont put a band aid on a gunshot wound, you already have a bridge in Collins, draft a QB.

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Exactly. Perfect situation to pull that off, just begging for you to draft Newton, Mallett, Foles, hell even Stanzi

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

winner.

13. Didn't I just say that before him? lol

But not as colorfully as him though.

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Agreed. Perfect opportunity to draft a young guy, and not throw him under the NFL bus right away.

15. I approve.

1. resign Collins

2. draft a qb.

16. At least someone recognized.......:icon_cool:

I'm sure Adams would be enticed to Cameron Newton......but unlike Young......Newton seems to have his head on his shoulders.

17. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah he does....I just worry about Cam Newton's passing skills and how they will play out in the NFL. He will get to be groomed while Collins puts in some time though. He seems like he has his head on straight but you never know what happens when you waive all that money at someone that young.

18. not sure we'd go with Newton. Which do you guys like?

Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Mallett.

ALl have concerns surrounding them but we need one of them. Unfortunately I think the 49ers are going to grab Gabbert.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  19. smeags

smeags militant geek

about time the titans wised up about young. i think k-train is the only living human being that thinks he's worth a crap.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do they honestly think a team will trade for Young and his $8.5M salary? He'll be released by March 10th.