Titans WR Kenny Britt Vows To Be Receiver He Was In 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Jun 1, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Kenny Britt has had plenty of off-field incidents that have plagued him, and just when it appeared he was on his way to becoming an elite wide receiver in 2011, he blew out his knee in the third game of the year. He wasn't the same player last year when he came back, despite posting a career-high 42 catches.

Now, Britt tells TitanInsider.com that he is going to be better than ever in 2013.

“I'm gonna be the receiver I was two years ago, and I'm probably gonna be even better than that because I've focused more on football than I ever have in my life the last few months. I'm excited to see what I can do this year,â€￾ Britt said. “They're counting on me to be on the field and to do the right things on the field and off the field. They expect me the be the pro athlete I should be and I'm gonna be.â€￾

If that's the case, then Britt's timing is good because he enters a contract year this year, with the Titans already buying some insurance for the future by drafting Justin Hunter in the second round in April.

“Last year, seeing the ball come out of the quarterback's hand, it was coming out a little bit faster, and I was coming out of my break a little bit slower,â€￾ he said.

But now, he says his goal is to stay healthy and productive on the field and off. The rest, he says, will take care of itself.

“Every year is important to me, but this year it's important for me to come out and stay healthy,â€￾ Britt said. “I feel good. I feel like I'm in the best shape I've ever been in, so I'm excited about this year. I'm not going to worry about the contract, because that's for later. I'm just more worried about me staying healthy.â€￾