TNA Bound For Glory: Anyone Checking It Out?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by SRW, Oct 15, 2011.

?

Will you check out TNA's Bound For Glory?

1. Yep, will be buying the PPV or checking it out in "alternative" means

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Nah, TNA's not my thing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. TNA is still in buisness? Holy s**t.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So anyone going to check out TNA's Bound For Glory? I can't believe I am about to say this but of late Thursday nights on Spike have been a helluva lot better than Raw and Smackdown. Here's a preview:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEaC0Myez7E"]Lineup For Bound For Glory This Sunday - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxAn8btbRwg"]BFG Sneak Peek: Kurt Angle vs Bobby Roode - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGWch6n4Fk"]BFG Sneak Peek: Hulk Hogan vs Sting - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhXsCreOEVo"]BFG Sneak Peek: AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXju5VXtlQ0"]BFG Sneak Peek: Crimson vs Samoa Joe vs Matt Morgan - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZt2-Ks1s0"]BFG Sneak Peek: RVD vs Jerry Lynn - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

So pretty much Hogan is going to lose to Sting and give the company back to the original owners? lol...

I don't watch TNA or WWE for that matter but I try to keep in touch a little bit. If I had to chose which one I'd watch more often, I think it would be this one...

I only watched the Hogan/Sting Video. Does TNA have a WCW of the late 90's feel to it?

3. SRW

It has the last couple of months simply because it was a bunch of dinosaurs coming out and boring the house with their limited movesets and overzealous attempts to recapture a past glory that's long gone. Recently though there was word that the head writer who is hated throughout the industry was demoted and someone else had final say on creative. So far it's been a good transition with the way they have worked their storylines. I still wish they'd book Samoa Joe better but overall it's been a pretty decent month of wrestling. They really are pushing Bobby Roode as the next great champ.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It should considering it's the same roster.

5. SRW

Hogan, Sting, Rick Flair, Jeff Jarrett, Eric Bischoff and Scott Steiner are the ex-WCW guys I think still on the roster.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Hall and Nash were there not too long ago. Hall isn't permitted to be anywhere anymore.

7. SRW

Scott Hall is a friggin mess. He hasn't had a moment of clarity in like 3 years.

8. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I'm getting the PPV, I dig the wrestling. The storylines are getting better atleast...they canned Russo as head writer finally.

9. SRW

Same here, I ordered it this morning. I also like the fact it's going to be a Philly wrestling crowd. They are pissed about the Phillies and Eagles and might want to take their aggression out tonight if any matches are the drizzling craps. RVD vs Jerry Lynn will be a fun match especially for the ex-ECW fans. I personally think Daniels vs Styles could be the show-stealer of the night.

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

TNA is every much the crapters as Raw is at the moment. TNA has better wrestlers but you wouldn't know that with the 15 mins of wrestling they have on Impact, and most of it is the old guys massaging their ego's whilst Russo throws in a god **mn non-sensical swerve/heel turn on every sodding episode.

To paraphrase from Cornette, when Hogan/Bisch and the boys came in they had the chance to revolutionize the product and wrestling as a whole, instead they turned it to WCW/WWE Lite. Hogan/Bischoff/RVD/Hardy/Anderson/Flair etc. later and they still pull in the exact same ratings as before, only with a lot more money thrown away.

11. SRW

Andy, have you actually watched TNA of late? Now it's not perfect by any means, but there does seem to be a shift in how business is done there. Of course the best news is that Vince Russo isn't in charge of creative anymore. Crash TV hopefully has seen it's last days.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Anyone who hires Vince Russo as their head writer is an idiot.

When Russo was canned as the head writer, it was the smartest decision Dixie Carter ever made granted Jeff Jarrett was the one who hired Russo.

If the Bears wern't playing tonight, i'd strongly consider getting this ppv.

13. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'll admit that I haven't watched in a month or so (They moved the time of it to Sunday Evenings here...idiots), so there may be difference in the program, but I'm not willing to change my views yet, especially with their biggest show of the year on tonight.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's at least a few ridiculous swerves tonight (Roode turning heel being one).

14. SRW

Vince Russo is wrestling cancer. He's instant death and I don't care if he worked up great angles from here on out, his reputation is crap and his name carries a stigma that is bad news.

15. SRW

You literally tuned out right when the whole show seemed to start turning around. Now the whole Mexican America crap is still there, Hogan and Sting are still on TV, the Knockouts are a mess who are all thrown on TV at the same time just to get them on each week but overall they are finally getting it and pushing their young talent. They also have a X-Division champ who I think can give that belt credibility in Austin Aries. It's too bad he's not big as he is about as good a heel as there is in the business. The Samoa Joe/Crimson/Matt Morgan match has had a good build as well. Plus, is it me or is Bully Ray (or Bubba Ray for the people who are Dudley fans) the BEST heel in wrestling right now? I can't wait for Immortal to break up to see where they go with him because of late he has been money on the mic.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  16. SRW

Oh, and the whole Jeff Hardy redemption storyline is about to run full steam, check out this spot with Hardy and Morgan:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTyKE_Q--8o]Jeff Hardy & Matt Morgan Backstage Segment - YouTube[/ame]

17. DaBearsrule4ever

When Vince Russo was in the WWE during the attitude era, the only reason he was successful at that time is because he had Vince McMahon looking over his shoulder. I wouldn't be stunned if some of the crap Russo has booked in TNA, he suggested to Vince McMahon while in WWE.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

What about James Storm turning heel and costing Bobby Roode tonight? I honestly hope it doesn't happen but I can see it happening.

19. SRW

I hope they go with Roode vs Storm after they put the belt on Roode. And you are right, in the WWE the final word is Vince so Russo has someone to reign him in. It also was a time where his style worked thanks to the competition from WCW's nWo angle.

20. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Unfortunately they are running the same night as Walking Dead, so....