Todd Bowles In For Busy Week Of Interviews

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by markaz, Jan 6, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

TEMPE, Ariz. -- This could be the week Todd Bowles becomes an NFL head coach.

The Arizona Cardinals' defensive coordinator is scheduled to interview with the New York Jets on Wednesday, the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday, the San Francisco 49ers on Friday and Chicago Bears on Saturday, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN’s Josina Anderson.

That schedule has Bowles traveling 9,635 miles this week.

Since Arizona’s season ended Saturday with a loss to Carolina in an NFC wild-card game, Bowles was free to spend the week interviewing.

A key to landing Bowles a job, however, is his “chemistry factor with the front office,” a source told Anderson. Anderson was told by a source that Bowles was open to coaching a team that would need help on either side of the ball “as long as there are some key pieces in place."

The Cardinals have been a top 10 defense since Bowles took over in 2013, ranking seventh overall in opposing quarterbacks' QBR and fifth in total defense during that span.

Bowles has brief head-coaching experience, taking over as the Miami Dolphins' interim head coach for the final three games in 2011, finishing with a 2-1 record.

He interviewed with Minnesota and Cleveland last offseason.

ESPN.go.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That Atlanta Falcons job is probably the most enticing one there...if I were a candidates, I'd be eyeing that one up...good nucleus of a team, needs a few parts, in a division that is shirtty...perfect scenario.

3. markaz

Would agree. He's smart enough to know it all starts with the QB and Atlanta may have the best of that bunch.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Agreed. Atlanta has the best qb in place and an owner who seems to be willing to do whatever it takes to win.

San Fran is also not a bad gig. The rest of them suck.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

San Francisco isn't as good because of how strong the division is with Seattle, Arizona and then the Rams on the up-swing.

6. CaptainStubing

Speaking of the rams, word around here is that kronke is no longer taking calls from local and state politicians about staying in St Louis. I am thinking they are moving to LA more and more each day.

7. markaz

Kroenke purchased 60 acres in Inglewood last year. Lemme guess....to build a retirement community?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wasn't there an article somewhere that said he was trying to move the team in 2015 but it's now most likely going to happen in 2016?

9. markaz

Haven't seen that. Only reference I've seen recently was Roger saying no team could move to LA for the '15 season.

10. CaptainStubing

Yep, I'm hearing 2016 at the earliest

11. markaz

And he's in negotiations with the city fathers of St. Louis for one-year contracts after upgrades to Jones Dome. Bowles could be interested.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought I read that Kroenke wanted to move in 2015 but the league wasn't "accepting applications" to move until 2016 at the earliest. Maybe not...