Todd Bowles Takes Job As Eagles Defensive Backs Coach

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Former Miami Dolphins assistant coach Todd Bowles has turned down an offer from the Oakland Raiders and has taken the Philadelphia Eagles defensive backs coach job, Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports. Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Bowles will be in charge of cornerbacks and that Juan Castillo will remain the team's defensive coordinator. An assistant head coach/secondary coach with the Dolphins, the 48-year-old Bowles became the interim head coach after the firing of Tony Sparano and led the Dolphins to a 2-1 record to finish the season. Bowles had been with the Dolphins since following Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano to South Florida from the Dallas Cowboys, where he had coached the secondary. Bowles has aspirations to be a head coach in the NFL and was a candidate for the Dolphins job as well as vacancies with the Raiders and St. Louis Rams.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Oh crap. Maybe he wants to be entrenched as successor in case Reid gets fired this year???

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

all in

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hell of a signing though. Should be interesting to see what he is tasked with a year from now.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Preparing for the future. I still think that when Mudd decides to actually retire Castillo will go back to being the Offensive Line coach.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

definitely a good signing, regardless of how much it's denied i think bowles is going to play a huge part in the running of this defense which should do wonders.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Bowles will be a HC in 2013

I really hope its not with guys

Been calling him the Next Big Thing for a couple years now and wanted him over Ryan as DC last year

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

thats what i keep thinking as well. if reid fails, again, his replacement will already be here.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

A former Cowboys assistant.