Trade Offer

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by SNPokc, Sep 30, 2014.

1. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I get Andre Johnson and Travis Kelce for Steve Smith

The guy dropped SS and is trying to get him back. My TE is Gates. I'm not a particular AJ fan. His other WR's are Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins who I like better. I'm assuming he won't trade Marshall.

He also offered me Kelce for Gordon, he would be able to use Gordon as a 9th round keeper for next season if he gets him back, so I don't believe I will give him back to him.

Also, Larry Donnel is on the wire, we have an open wire unless a player is dropped. I picked up Donnel during the Thursday night game in place of my kicker so no one else would grab him. The waiver period started already and I didn't get the claim back in in time. I'll drop my kicker in the morning for him if he isn't claimed. Then decide between Hyde and Terrance West who to cut.

Oh, I also made this little gem because I am 2-2 in all my money leagues now...

[​IMG]

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Which league is this? I don't see Smith on any of the rosters.

Johnson only really had one bad game, but he heard a pop in his ankle despite playing through it. Kelce looks like a wide receiver numbers guy. I would counter with Benjamin instead considering Smith has and likely will continue to put up fairly big numbers.

If this trade falls through, Donnell isn't a bad low end TE1. He's getting the targets.

3. SNPokc

It's league one, guess I hadn't updated it, I dropped T Williams for Smith. I didn't get Donnel, so I am going to counter with Benjamin I think. Or do you think Rivers will start throwing to Gates again? Royal can't keep up his pace can he?

4. Greg Brosh

Royal shouldn't no. Gates is still a borderline TE1, but he has yet to score a touchdown outside of that 3 touchdown game. I prefer Donnell's upside more.

5. SNPokc

Right, I like Donnell a lot too. Someone claimed him, my waiver wasn't high enough even if I had made the claim. Should I keep Gates? Kelce looked like he was getting plays designed for him, but it was only one game, maybe wait a week and see? He has Julius Thomas as well, so if he doesn't use Kelce as a flex he won't have a use for him and might drop him.

6. Greg Brosh

Kelce isn't a one-week wonder. He's going to see a lot of targets this year. The only game he didn't look all that great was week 1 and that's because reid failed to use him.

His upside is through the roof right now. With the receivers that you have, there really isn't a reason why I wouldn't make this trade. AJ isn't THAT bad of a receiver compared to the crop you have. Having Johnson as your WR1 helps me make the decision to say yes.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Even if he does, you have to assume he's going to be hurt at some point, it'd be nice to have a legit option behind him. If it was me I'd get Kelce and trade Gates if anything, Kelces got way more ROS upside in my eyes. Maybe include Gates to sweeten the pot for Benjamin?

8. Greg Brosh

Gates + Smith for Benjamin + Kelce sure looks good to me.

9. SNPokc

He countered my Benjamin and Kelce for Smith offer for Gordon for Kelce. Pretty sure thinks I don't remember he has Gordon as a keeper, I'm just going to wait him out until he drops him.

10. Greg Brosh

I would. Especially at where you'd keep Gordon next season.

11. SNPokc

I don't get him as a keeper. He drafted Gordon and you had to draft a player to keep him.

12. Greg Brosh

Ah ok. How long do you think he'd have to wait it out? I've already had to drop Gordon in one league due to byes.

13. SNPokc

Oh I should be fine. Week 9 or 10 might get hairy and injuries. But by that time I'll just look at it as my wr2 is on bye. Hopefully he gives up with kelce and drops him. He has Julius Thomas. But he may use him as a flex.

14. SNPokc

Well looks like I won't be getting Kelce. He made a trade with another guy who has no TE due to injury. Kelce and Andre Johnson for Pierre Garcon.

Glad I didn't give him Steve Smith now. Clearly I would have given too much if he settled for Garcon.

15. Greg Brosh

Wow Garcon? He overpaid.