UFC 106

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Crowned, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

UFC 106
    Saturday November 21st

Fight Card
    Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin
    Josh Koscheck vs Anthony Johnson
    Paulo Thiago vs Jacob Volkmann
    Luiz Cane vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    Amir Sadollah vs Phil Baroni

Ben Saunders vs Marcus Davis
    Kendall Grove vs Jake Rosholt
    Brock Larson vs Brian Foster
    Caol Uno vs Fabricio Camoes
    George Sotiropoulos vs Jason Dent

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I'd really like to see Forrest Griffin bounce back form whatever happened against Anderson Silva. I want to see Griffin beat Ortiz in this rematch, I'm one of the ones who believes Griffin actually won it the first time, but it's not my job to make that call. Who are you guys going for?

Anybody going to be watching tonight? I will probably just chill at the house and find a stream as opposed to going to the bar.

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I really like this card. I can't decide who I want to win between Tito and Forrest. I pulled for Forrest in their first fight, but I want Tito to have a successfuly return to the Octagon. Forrest can't be lazy with the leg kicks. He needs to snap them out there and bring them back quickly before Tito shoots. Forrest has the reach and the "ring" intelligence to get a win here. However, Tito has tons of experience and if he's truly healthy and explosive again, then the fight could be interesting.

Anthony Rumble Johnson vs Josh Koscheck is my favorite fight on the card. Kos has already been a contender and fights anyone anytime. Rumble a younger more explosive Kos with better striking. Kos used to train his wrestling only 15% of the time when he came into the UFC after TUF because he had better wrestling then everyone except GSP. However, IMO becaue of a lack of mat time, Kos' shots and takedowns have suffered significantly. He listened to a lot of the critics by trying to become a KO puncher so he wouldn't be considered a boring "lay n pray" fighter. It has worked overall, but he's still be caught a couple times and TKO'd. Kos can not stand with Rumble and expect to KO him. Rumble has power in both hands and feet and can throw any of them at anytime. Rumble's reach is also longer. I don't know how short the notice was for this fight, but despite Rumble's good wrestling, Kos needs to have trained his wrestling a ton so he can shoot with the explosiveness he used to. If Kos can get the fight to the ground and keep it there, he can win. If the fight stays standing, Kos will be looking up at the lights. I like both of these guys as fighters so I'll have another hard time rooting.

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i dont like ortiz so thats an easy one.

4. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I'm not a fan of this card at all. The only fight that interests me is Johnson v Koschek. I'm interested in how Rosholt looks....he was a dominant wrestler, what has he added to his game.?

5. Crowned

I'm so ready to get off work and watch the fights.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I hope it's dead at work tonight so I can watch...

Is this Amir's first fight since winning TUF?

7. MadMoxxiFavGun

watching the forrest griffin vs rampage fight. i hear alot of people say rampage won that fight

looks like unless i can wake up i will miss the fight.

8. Crowned

No Griffin definitely won that fight, was it clear enough for him to take the title from Rampage? I'm not so sure about that.

9. MadMoxxiFavGun

about to watch ortiz griffen 1

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I won't be watching this tonight... no thanks...

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Fights don't start until 9 CT, so I'll be home in time for the Main Event, but I really want to watch Amir fight...

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I hope Ortiz wins... the rest who cares.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm surprised Ortiz is even back in the UFC.

Figured Machida retired his butt for good.

14. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Amir fought once before (had several unfortunate injuries) in the UFC and lost on a controversial stoppage. He was dropped, ref stopped it, Amir popped back up. From the ref's view, Amir wasn't doing anything to defend himself so the ref did make an appropirate stoppage. The opposite angle showed Amir not hurt that bad.

Btw, the undercards going on now on Spike are good. Ben Saunders just KO'd Marcus Davis (1st time Davis has been KO'd in his career).

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Dammit!

This is the second fight in a row that I forgot that Spike was showing the undercards.

:grumpy:

Missed the first round, but Amir hecked Phil up big time in that round...

"Mike Powell is a potty mouth..."

:Loco:

Amir hecked him up in that round as well.

He'll get the decision.

Little Nog vs Cain should be better than the Main Event...

Nog hecked him up...

Wow...

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

just got in dudes whats going on yo

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Kos gets him to the ground near the end of the first round...

18. Omen

koshchweck didnt get hit in the eye.....yo

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Couple of eye pokes to each fighter so far...

And another one...

20. Omen

three stooges here ref gets poked next