UFC 150: Henderson VS Edgar II

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Huxley, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Huxley

Huxley ...

August 11, 2012
    Venue: Pepsi Center

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azFJZ0qPyno]UFC 150: Henderson vs Edgar Extended Preview - YouTube[/ame]

Main Card PPV Fights:

Lightweight: Benson Henderson vs Frankie Edgar
    Lightweight: Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard
    Middleweight: Jake Shield vs Ed Herman
    Middleweight: Yushin Okami vs Buddy Roberts
    Featherweight: Justin Lawrence vs Max Holloway

Preliminary Fights: (FX)

Featherweight: Dennis Bermudez vs Tommy Hayden
    Middleweight: Jared Hamman vs Michael Kuiper
    Bantamweight: Ken Stone vs Erik Perez
    Bantamweight: Dustin Pague vs Chico Camus

Preliminary Fight: (Facebook)

Featherweight: Nik Lentz vs Eiji Mitsuoka ​

Who's gonna be watching this? This happens to be on my birthday, so I'll be watching at Buffalo Wild Wings with my lady and some friends. I really hope this one's better than UFC 149, that was pretty awful.

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I probably watch the prelims. They showed their first fight last night on Fuel but I haven't watched it yet.

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

ill be watching

4. Huxley

Huxley ...

So...Henderson or Edgar? I'd prefer to see Edgar win it.

5. MadMoxxiFavGun

im from new jersey so i should be rooting for edgar but i dont think he will win. i havent watched many edgar fights but it looked like he went all out while henderson could improve so much

6. Huxley

Huxley ...

GIF not too high on UFC or just this particular PPV?

7. MadMoxxiFavGun

gif is a football first message board. the mma part has been on the decline since hermhater was banned. way more activity back then. even so... many of us work. and friday night u really cant expect replies. so many gamers, movie guys, wrestling fans, and party people. tonight u might see replies but this card is kinda lackluster. only imo 3 house hold names. i dont think this ppv will sell much. i wont be replying when the prelims to main event start. kinda gotta take it with a grain of salt.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Mush walnuts myself and handful others are MMA fans

I'll be watching with my buddy at his house.

Henderson will win dude is too much for Edgar.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[MENTION=3978]Huxley[/MENTION], feel free to post about UFC fights or fighters, people will get involved.

10. Huxley

Huxley ...

Yeah, all makes sense, just curious to see who's into it and their opinions. This PPV doesn't seem to have very much hype into it, which is odd because UFC clearly feeds off of that for their PPV's. Maybe they are easing up on it, since it's been pretty lackluster as of late, especially 149. I'm not even all that into this one, though fights are fights, plus I'll be stuffing my face with chicken wings, so I'm going to be happy regardless. I really hope there's some impressive bouts and the majority of them don't go into the judges hands unless they're wars....which judge decision bouts rarely seem to be. We'll see.

Cool, good to know. I'd say Henderson's the favorite, he's just built better, though Edgar's pretty tough and scrappy, I wouldn't completely put him out. He just needs to figure out a way to rock Henderson, he wasn't doing a lot of "damage" to him the last fight. I'm not too confident he can though, honestly.

Sure, I'll chime in. I'm no expert, although I usually watch most of the events. I won't be on here during the event tonight though, I'm going to be out most of the day, birthday's today.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Actually I havent paid attention to MMA at all in the last year and a half or so. Just doesnt interest me anymore.

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I hope Henderson beats him again. I don't care for Edgar, but in all fairness Edgar was winning the last fight until Henderson hit the huge upkick from his back.

13. Crowned

Man they have some close fights.

14. Huxley

Huxley ...

What a horrible decision on that Edgar/Henderson fight. Edgar was the one taking it to him the majority of that fight. Absolutely bullcrap decision. I thought he won by a close one the first fight back in February, but he definitely did enough to win this fight. Backpedaling and landing kicks is all Henderson did. Freaking joke.

I gotta say though, that Cerrone knockout was pretty sweet.

15. Crowned

I thought Henderson won 1-3-5.

16. Crowned

Rounds 4 and 5 were ridiculously close.

17. MadMoxxiFavGun

so did nick diaz

18. MadMoxxiFavGun

nick diaz agrees with those baby kicks

19. usheer

usheer Rookie

This PPV doesn't seem to have very much hype into it, which is odd because UFC clearly feeds off of that for their PPV's. Maybe they are easing up on it, since it's been pretty lackluster as of late, especially 149