UFC 153: Silva Bombs Out Bonnar In Round 1

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by SRW, Oct 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp0ZyvFMycw]UFC 153: Anderson Silva Post-fight Interview - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk9UvnPqWs8&feature=plcp]UFC 153 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Full Results
    Check out the full UFC 153 results below.

Main Card
    Anderson Silva def. Stephan Bonnar via first-round TKO
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira def. Dave Herman via submission (armbar)
    Glover Teixeira def. Fabio Maldonado via second-round TKO (doctor's stoppage)
    Jon Fitch def. Erick Silva via unanimous decision
    Phil Davis def. Wagner Prado via submission (anaconda choke)
    Demian Maia def. Rick Story via submission (rear-naked choke)

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

the way the article made it sound, Anderson was toying with him the entire time

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

That's what he does with basically everyone. He's a monster.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he was............ just like most of his fights. he knew he had nothing to worry about with someone like bonnar. and, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone even remotely in his league other than bones and for some reason they won't fight (maybe the payday is not big enough yet?).

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I would literally kill someone to see Jones and Silva go at it. I mean dude Silva didn't have his hands up....He never does.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think Silva would heck bones up like everyone else.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

silva recently said he would never fight jones. he wasnt going to move up

8. CaptainStubing

ok....................... well, i will make sure i am far away from you if/when that fight ever happens.

most of the guys that silva fights look like they are moving in slow motion in comparison to silva so he's not concerned having his hands down.

now, having said that, there IS a part of me that thinks that the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions in UFC are not very deep and silva hasn't really fought a dominant fighter during his streak and that's why he want to see him at least fight Bones before he retires.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yes this match went as expected, even with Silva giving Bonnar exactly what he wanted.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Bones would beat Silva.

11. CaptainStubing

right NOW, i would disagree because Bones is still very inexperienced and i think Silva would use his brains to figure out a way to attack the kid and beat him. but, the longer that Silva puts this fight off, the better Jones is going to get and at some point Silva's physical skills are going to drop off rapidly because of his age.

That's why everyone is clamoring to see this fight asap. I don't want this fight to happen in 3 years when Bones is in his prime and absolutely dominant and Silva is an old man because then we would always wonder 'what if' they had fought when both were at the top or near the top of their game.

12. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

in a bones vs silva im taking bones. if bones gets on top of silva like chael did... bones will finish it with his nasty elbows. also bones striking has improved alot in every fight i have seen. it would be very intresting to see how silva deals with bones amazing reach

13. CaptainStubing

damn i want to see bones and spider so bad

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox2Qsn8bx1A]Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar - UFC RIO 3 (Luta Completa) - YouTube[/ame]

15. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

That is the reason I want to see Silva vs Bones I really want to know how Silva would handle that incredible reach that Bones has, I bet he would have his hands up for at least the first round.

16. usheer

usheer Rookie

He knew he had nothing to worry about with someone like bonnar. and, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone even remotely in his league other than bones and for some reason they won't fight .