Update: Post Icons Back Up

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 20, 2008.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Oh Jesus freaking Christ. Will you just grow up? For 5 minutes? god **mn. Anytime somebody questions something around here you take your freaking ball and go home like a little kid. And considering it's THE POSTERS and NOT YOU who keep this site running, yeah......a little insight would be nice. But that's clearly asking waaaaaay to much from the NFL's Public Internet Enemy #1. :icon_rolleyes:

Ah, no. I highly doubt any Internet message board is on any sort of radar whatsoever by anyone remotely connected to the NFL.

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

The fact is that there are copyright issues and we can't use these things anymore. What more insight is needed? There is no need for him to explain why these things are the way they are and why this site seems to get the crapty end of the stick most of the times. Those facts are irrelevant.

Speaking of irrelevant, I know you feel the need to be a pest, but it would be great if you could stop derailing a thread that is meant to inform members of an important legal issue being dealt with by the site. Thanks.

3. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Because it's a bunch of bullcrap. Then take down the images of Tom Brady, Eli Manning, and LT then. Spare me the "woe-unto-GIF" crap. Every other place on the Internet can do everything the GIF just always seems to get in trouble for. Forget Spygate and the CBA, what the NFL is really concerned about is team logos being used on a message board. Well, just ONE message board in particular. Oliver Stone couldn't make that crap up he tried.

Just post whatever legal document was issued to GIF by the NFL for all to see then. Why not?

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I have posted them in the past. Feel free to search for them.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OMG will you just freaking shut the heck already, you do actually think we enjoy this crap? You making more drama out of this then is necessary...We've explained the situation if that isn't good enough for you tough crap. No one said Woe to GIF...If team logos are that important to you then find another site that allows them and have fun.

6. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

7. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Nobody has explained crap, which is why I'm asking. Let's see the document(s). I want to see what laws I am violating by putting a team logo next to my posts, but somehow it's not a violation for me to put a Vikings logo under my screenname or in my sig.

Peculiar, no? It's easier getting information out of the KGB than from any power tripping mods here.

Point the way.

8. SRW

Point the way? Use the search feature. If you can't find that? Then you are beyond help.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

10. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

What am I searching for? Letters from the NFL? Legal violations? NFL vs GIF?

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Click the link I provided moron. Power tripping Mod, what a doofus, yeah we like the extra work all this crap requires, you really are ridiculous.

12. SRW

Feel free to search what you want. Now, please stop derailing this discussion. If you feel the need to discuss this further then use the PM system.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Oh and after you read the letter feel free to write to the NFL and demand they return YOUR team icons, lets see what that gets you.

14. Black Prowler

Black Prowler Crazy Black Cat!

that's odd...I was under the impression(from what I read awhile back) that as long as you are using photos, images and news with intent only to report and discuss the nfl news on a not for profit site the NFL won't mess with you. I never had any problems.:icon_rolleyes: Are you guys making money on this site through products being sold, etc? :scratch:

15. SRW

We do run ads on the site, so we are not exactly a non-profit website. Granted what we make covers the server costs at most, but we make money nonetheless.

16. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I thought whatever you did the last time got them off your back? How come they're starting in again now? Is there a new letter?

17. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

This really is not a big deal. Let's just all make the best of it.

18. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Thank you. Was that so freaking hard to do 20 minutes ago? Jesus. Ok, so a few follow-ups:

- If that came out in July of 2007, how come they just got taken down a few hours ago?
    - Going by the letter of the law, so to speak, then we/I/you are still in violation because it says "names, logos, symbols, and other identifying marks." So avatars, player likenesses, team logos in sigs are all in violation as well.

I know a few lawyers who specialize in copywrite law. I can show them this and see what they say.

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Umm...I didn't read what you asked for 20 minutes ago...

20. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Derailing the discussion......? How the heck.....? This is spot on topic.