USADA To Ban Lance Armstrong For Life, Strip Him Of Seven Tour De France Titles

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Sportsguy, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The International Cycling Union on Friday said it will wait for the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to explain why Lance Armstrong should lose his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles before commenting on the case.The news follows Thursday night's announcement from USADA that it will strip Armstrong of his Tour de France titles after he dropped his fight against drug charges that threatened his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.UCI, the sport's governing body, says it wants USADA to "submit to the parties concerned (Mr. Armstrong, WADA and UCI) a reasoned decision explaining the action taken."The UCI says the World Anti-Doping Code requires USADA to do this in cases "where no hearing occurs."

Source: ESPN

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Not sorry to hear this....

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He'll probably get a free pass by a lot of people on this because of the millions and millions of dollars he's raised for cancer research.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's one side of him, I really respect and appreciate, but this won't chance the fact, that he cheated.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

who the heck cares ? it's cycling for christ sakes.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

still a seven time winner

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I've heard a lot of people say this already, they don't care because of the good he's done.

Doesn't affect my personal or professional opinion of the guy, I think he's an butthole and now he cheated. But I guess you can't take part that away from him.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Why did it take so many years to nail this guy?

Interesting question...

Of course it's as easy to say he's guilty as to say he's innocent in today's world.

I choose not to believe either cuz I don't have to. Not like I trust either side...

9. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Everybody else was cheating too. So he still won 7 big races full of cheaters. And now, this is officially the longest I have ever thought about the Tour de France.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

^this

If something has France in its name, there's a really good chance I don't like it.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So apparently nobody has ever won the Tour de France. Every winner eventually gets stripped of his victory. What a freaking joke.

As for Armstrong, I still respect him. He's in an impossible situation. He passed hundress of drug tests and he's still accused of cheating. How the hell are you supposed to defend yourself? This time quitting was the right thing to do. They'll never take away his most important victory.

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

How does the USADA have a say in this to start with? It wasn't an olympic event or a world cup type event. He had his own sponsorship...no?

"GUILTY" until proven innocent! lol...

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Actually Ward, now it's "gulty until proven innocent"

Edit: lmao...thats what you said...this stupid little phone xD

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The USADA can't revoke anything Ward, but the UCI will, since the TdF is part of the UCI-Worldcup, as any other major cycle event is.

That he won as a cheater, between cheaters doens't make it any better to me. There are still cyclists, who doesn't cheat and never will have a chance to win a race therefore.

Jan Ullrich never was caught too, but got his title revoked too

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I also hear they will be stripping his victory over cancer as well

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Excuse the heck that someone has cancer, has to take medication to survive and can actually compete with others....FREAK the Tour, let France have it and all that goes with it...NOW BRING ON NFL FOOTBALL DAMN IT....

17. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Take the wins away if you want. Everyone knows he kicked butt out there. Nothing but a bunch of haters who can't accept his dominance. Tests after tests and they still heck with him. This was like an old school witch hunt.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

c'mon people - let the french have this one victory in their pathetic, take it in the butt history.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  19. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

the guy has 1 ball give him a break

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

plus lets not forget his incredible pep talk to vince vaughn in dodgeball.