USC FS Taylor Mays Visits With Four NFL Teams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 18, 2010.

1. USC safety Taylor Mays has visited the Cincinnati Bengals, Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers, a league source confirmed. Mays' size-speed combination is off the charts, at 6-foot-3, 230 pounds, Mays has run in the 4.3 range. He posted a 41-inch vertical leap and also scored a respectable 22 on the Wonderlic personnel exam. "I know he's a specimen," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "I know he's an unbelievable athlete. I know he's a freak. I get all that. What you've got to see on tape is him making a play. You've got two picks in three years You've got to get around the football more often."

Source: National Football Post

2. Trueseablue

Trueseablue Nickle Player

:icon_frown: For a hard "hitter" not many FFs.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He might hit hard but he sure can't tackle for crap. If you overlook his height/weight, speed, and the fact he's an overhyped USC product and just evaluate him on how he plays football, you're basically looking at a late round linebacker or mid-round Michael Lewis/Adrian Wilson type SS (though not of that caliber).

I'm so over hearing about this guy.

IMO, Thomas, Allen, Burnett and even Kendrick Lewis and Jeromy Miles are all better safety prospects than Mays and will (maybe with the exception of Thomas) be taken well after him.

4. bambam

bambam Rookie

No Mays!! Thomas please