Username Betting

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Steve12, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

After the success of a recent username bet on the site, the staff has decided to open it up to all members. So from now on, members can get together and put their usernames on the line on any game they choose. Here are the guidelines for making a Username Bet.

1. Both members involved have to agree on what the usernames will be changed too before the thread is posted. An Admin must approve of both names. Your custom usertitle must show your original username so people know who you are.
    2. The thread must be posted in the Smack Central Forum corresponding with your bet at least 2 days before game is played. (So if you bet on a NCAA Game, post it in the NCAA Smack Central Forum, NFL Goes in NFL Smack Central, etc.)
    3. The thread must give details on what the name changes will be, and how long the change will be
    4. Bets have to be at least 2 weeks long, and up to 1 year. Users decide length within those parameters.
    5. If you want to change your username back before the bet is done, you can "Tap Out." This involves donating $10 to the site, and paying 5000 VCash to the person who won your bet. The amount of VCash doubles each time you want to Tap Out of a Username Bet. Note: The Tap Out Option is completely optional.

To get the ball rolling, I will pay 5000 VCash to the first 4 members who make a Username Bet. So somebody get this thing going.

If you have any question, feel free to post them here.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Awesome

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

So as you guys know by now Dub Mike owns my butt for the next year. Let's get some betting going between members. Just a few 2 week bets will get this party started. Again, the "Tap out" is optional. Otherwise you must keep your new username for the agreed upon timeframe and you can not bet someone else until your current humiliation time frame is over or you "tap out'.

Let's do dis!!!

4. Steve12

Yep. Someone's gotta be the trendsetter. Staff isn't off limits either. I'm open to betting.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I'm already am the trendsetter:icon_cry:

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Alright im down to bet any takers....

sent from my supercharged EVO

7. Steve12

True. So we need someone to follow in the great mush's footsteps.

Also we need a winner like dublin mike.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Says the guy whose team is playing the Seahawks this weekend.

9. Steve12

Added a part about custom usertitles displaying the original username. We don't want mass confusion around here.

10. Omen

Im talkinh abou future games bc we dont habe saechicken fans.... Probably be the iggles fans bc redskins fans are gone too maybe a gint fans

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I will bet anyone anytime, any game. (As long as I disagree with who your picking lol)

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I've already thrown down a bet about the Eagles. Just need a taker. I say that they finish with 10 wins or more this season. Any takers?

13. Dragonite

I will take that bet, I think they get 9

14. Steve12

Settle on names through PM's and start a thread guys. The quicker the better.
    [MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION] [MENTION=3484]Dragonite[/MENTION]

15. Wow...where's that Omenese for dummies book when u need it?

16. Omen

You know you understood it....

17. Dragonite

I am not good at this but its something along the lines of:

I am talking about future games because we dont have seahawks fans...It will probably be against the Eagles fans because redskins fans are gone. Maybe a Giants fan will bet.

So did I get that right?

18. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I so wish this was around this past season when the Phils hammered the Braves. I would have loved nothing more than to change Mike's username.

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

insult to injury...nothing better