Vengeance

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Oct 11, 2011.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

[​IMG]

October 23, 2011 - AT&T Center - San Antonio, Texas

Mark Henry (c) vs. Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

Triple H and CM Punk vs. The Miz and R-Truth

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Double meh.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I will say this though. It has the potential to be one hell of a set up to Survivor Series. While Johnny Ace may be worse on the mic than Heath Slater, this PPV is going to be the payoff to Survivor Series in which we see the Rock. Will he be at Vengeance, will he be at Raw? Will Austin show up? Does HHH turn on Punk? Does Cena win another title? LOTS of questions so we'll see.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

However, the thing that sucks is that people will pay 50 bucks for an awesome 15 minutes of show at the end.

6. ragman

And that is why the WWE keeps having PPVs every time you turn around, it seems.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Del rio vs cena- are you freaking serious we just saw this like 3 times in a row one time they just threw in punk. No one gives a crap about alberto del rio. I think hes a good in the ring atleast i like his style but hes boring. Cenas been same old crap for so long self explanitory.

Henry vs show- only gonna be happy if this match goes outside of the ring and something cool happens cause these slowpokes will be boring as hell to watch in just a plain match

punk hhh vs truth and miz- I really like this one im glad to see hhh wrestling again and this story line is pretty interesting

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Hate Triple H, and I hate that the show once again revolves around massaging his bloated but fragile ego.

And Del Rio is mildly over, but has about as much heat as a freezer, there's nothing really to care about.

9. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

The main events look crapty, nobody cares about Big Show and...com'on it's Sexual Chocolate Mark friggin Henry...Plus Cena Vs Del Rio? Does anyone even care? No, and the main events are what make you want to watch. When Punk Vs Cena happen, atleast it was a big deal...they hyped it perfect and then they just seemed to go right back to the same ol crap.

I might check it out, but I doubt it. I'd rather watch TNA

10. andy82

Slag off Mark Henry if you will, but he's been on a very good roll and is being used properly for the first time. Sadly they'll have Big Show end his dominance, rather than using him to get DB over (The guy they gave the MITB, then deciding to bury him). Obviously a four time world champ whose 39 years old and breaking down needs the rub more than the young guys that one day they'll be needing to draw money.

Del Rio/Cena feud...well, is it even a feud? Have they interacted outside of those forgettable matches they've had? And the fact is, going by the amount of air time it's getting, does the viewers even know he's champ? I can see why WWE are behind Del Rio because he's very talented, but he's got absolutely no heat despite the focus they've given him since he's been there, and still not over despite winning the Rumble and MITB. Cena undoubtedly will get the title back sooner than later...because that's what happens.

And I couldn't care less for the main event now. Triple H as I mentioned earlier pisses me off and it's sickening how they derailed the hottest storyline since they murdered the Nexus angle just so they could get him back on TV and hogging the spotlight.

11. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Mark Henry, I'm sorry I just am not impressed. It took 15 years for him to even become anything more then the guy who had s*x with mae young and fathered a "white" hand. I'm just not impressed but it is better then Randy Orton always being champ I guess, but Big Show Vs Mark Henry? It won;t be the main event of course but it's still a lame match.

Cena and Del Rio actually is a fued, look at all there matches against each other. One reason you never saw them on TV together was due to Del Rio's visa issues for a bit threw the summer but everyone is so tired of watching Cena be champ or fight for the belt. 5 moves of doom and gloom. They want to keep the belt on Del Rio for when they tour in Mexico. I agree though, nobody cares about Del Rio, no matter what they do he just isn't getting the heat you want him to as the big time heel. Cody Rhodes seems more over as a heel then Del Rio seems to be, which is a shame for Del Rio because he is a talented worker.

Poor Bryan Danielson, I refuse to call him Daniel Bryan BTW. Maybe they want to job him out so that he can go into WM a huge underdogg, give him a big losing streak for the sympathy factor you know? I do hate seeing him getting pushed aside though.

Triple will always be a huge focus of every show, he is for real going to take over the WWE. He has final say over almost everything and he is always in Vince's ear. He can always rely on himself but right now the "hot" storyline is him losing his position, the walkout whatever.

I'm not diggin WWE right now, here or there they have a few things I'm diggin like Christian/Ziggler/Rhodes/Swagger/Vickie being a group and Zack Ryder. Nothing is making me want to watch smackdown though, they have nothing that makes me want to tune in and watch, I couldn't tell whats going on other then Henry being champ. I liked WWE coming out of MITB and Summerslam TBH they were hot and trendy and was getting interesting, then they just stopped it and went back to what they were doing hoping the people new cfreaking it out would dig the stuff that wasn't working.

12. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

why are you surprised by Del Rio vs Cena again how many times did they give us Orton vs Christian.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Anyone who thinks that HHH/Punk vs. Awesome Truth won't be the Main Event is goobered. This PPV is here to build up Survivor Series, nothing else. Mark Henry is a BEAST. This push is 10 years too late. That being said, I'd love to see a manager on him as his mouth piece since he has the mic skills of a door. As for Cena/Del Rio, it's a throw away match. Yes, they want to keep the title on ADR during the Mexican tour. But at Series Cena needs to be in the big 10 man Survivor Series match so...ADR has to do something? I don't really care about Vengeance but I'm excited to see the build up that it possesses for SS.

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Are you kidding? Henry's promos of late have been simple, to the point and downright intimidating. I am loving what they have been doing with Henry up to two weeks ago. Letting Big Show and Orton beat him down on back to back weeks has not helped to build him as a monster.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I freaking HATE the Big Show. He used to be entertaining and such but come on. I also love Mark Henry and what they're doing with him but I'd love a mouth piece for him to help him draw more attention. You know his title reign isn't going to last too long. Steve, I agree that his promos are to the point and great. But again, a good manager who can talk might help get him over the hump and make him a dominant FORCE!

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Well you know how they feel about managers in the WWE. It's too 'rasslin' for them. :icon_rolleyes:

17. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

Mark Henry (c) vs. Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena in a Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship

Triple H and CM Punk vs. The Miz and R-Truth

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes

Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Eve for the Divas Championship

18. ragman

That's right. This is sports entertainment.

19. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

I think you are missing the Air boom vs Perfect Swagger(my nickname for them) Tag Title match

20. andy82

I fail to see the problem with Mark Henry on the mic, his job is to sound pissed off and dangerous, is he not getting that across? A manager would completely take away that edge from him, and he'd just be a generic 80's hoss.

ADR keeps the belt anyway, when was the last time they entered a PPV without the two main titles not being defended?