Vic Fangio Says Jury Still Out On 49ers CB Nnamdi Asomugha

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Aug 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A day after Jim Harbaugh offered a cheery report on Nnamdi Asomugha, 49ers defensive coordinator Vic Fangio delivered a far more critical assessment of the former All-Pro cornerback who is attempting to resuscitate his career.

How is Nnamdi doing, Vic?

“He’s had some good days out here and some days where you weren’t sure if he was going to still have it,†Fangio said. “I think we’re kind of in between with him right now. Hopefully he’ll be able to still have some gas left in his tank to go out there and play like he did prior to going to Philadelphia. So, I think the jury is still out there.â€

Asomugha, 32, was released by the Eagles in March after two disappointing seasons in Philadelphia. In his first eight seasons with the Raiders, he was a three-time Pro Bowler who was considered among the best at his position.

Some of his struggles with Eagles were pinned on the team’s zone-coverage schemes, but Fangio said Father Time – not a faulty system – could have been an issue.

“Nnamdi is at this stage in his career where some guys start losing — their physical skills start to diminish,†Fangio said. “We just have to see if that’s entering into his picture too or not.â€

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's kind of amazing how he went from premiere CB to "crap" so fast...

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Exactly what I was thinking ward. It was like night and day.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I will be so pissed if he goes back to being good again.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

This is a surprise considering what local media has been reporting