Vikings QB Christian Ponder Bothered By Trent Dilfer's Comments

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by 86WARD, May 29, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Most draft observers considered the Vikings’ selection of quarterback Christian Ponder to be a reach, maybe even the biggest of round one. Few were more outspoken than ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer. “Christian Ponder is Elvis Grbac,†Dilfer said after the pick was made. “… Elvis Grbac was a beautiful thrower. He threw for 4,000 yards. He did a lot of nice things. “Every time it got tough, he melted.†Dilfer claimed to have watched every snap Ponder took at Florida State. In Dilfer’s opinion, Ponder tanks under pressure, and is more workout wonder than franchise quarterback. “The pocket has to be nice [for Ponder to excel],†Dilfer added. “Any time he’s asked to quicken that up or there’s people around him, his accuracy is awful. … He plays with a lot of anxiety. … Christian Ponder tests of the charts. He’s in shorts and a t-shirt. He goes to his pro workout, he’s in shorts and a t-shirt. His big pecs are hanging out. He’s got big guns.†And Ponder was listening. “I heard he was really railing on me,†the rookie told Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “It almost comes across as personal for some reason. I didn’t know he was doing medical tests at the Combine.â€

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Ponder just needs to play and not worry about comments by retired players with a mic..... Seriously how many times have these gotten it wrong

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I think Ponder might be the ONLY person on the planet that gives even half a flyin' heck what di**o says.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

First rookie mistake, listening to critics.

Especially since that critic was Dilfer. Not like he was a great quarterback in his own right.

5. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Trent Dilfer is the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl....

that said, I'm still bitter that Ponder was drafted over my boy Joe

6. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

Trent Dilfer??? By far the luckiest Q.B. if Super Bowl history, to have a defense carry the whole team. Dilfer is a douchebag.

7. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

He's already tanking under pressure.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well. While I agree Dilfer's opinion means crap... it's pretty much all completely true.