Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Reportedly Has A Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will undergo an MRI tonight on his injured left knee, but a preliminary report from Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports is that the four-time Pro Bowler has a torn ACL and possibly more damage to his left knee. On the opening play of the second half, Peterson was hit by Redskins safety DeJon Gomes in the left knee after a three-yard run. Peterson was writhing on the ground in pain and was unable to put any pressure on his left leg while he was helped off the field by trainers. Peterson was on crutches in the locker room after the game. "You take a blow to the knee like that, you're concerned about the ACL and the MCL -- those ligaments mainly," Peterson said according to Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com. "I don't know. Just trying to stay as positive as I can and I'll just find out more once (the MRI results are in)."

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

"Peterson said according to Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com. "I don't know. Just trying to stay as positive as I can and I'll just find out more once (the MRI results are in)."

I'm with AP, just trying to stay positive.

I'm positive on this...his knee's f'd.....

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

stupid hecks ............

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm happy the Bears won't see Peterson on new years day but I do wish him well in recovery.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

When looking at the incident, it'd be amazing that he didn't blow out both collateral ligaments as well.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Saw on ESPN this morning that he tore the ACL and MCL. Looking at 8-9 months out. Could miss the start of next season.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

Hopefully his career isn't over with this injury. He's a damn good runner.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

These injuries isolated aren't career enders any more. However, chances are it's going to slow him down a bit, although with his style of running he should be better than say a Chris Johnson if he'd got the same injury.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

ACL's can end careers and can also turn awesome runners into Medicore runners see Ronnie Brown.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

One ligament is one thing? Two ligaments? Oh boy! Peterson has a long 8-9 months ahead of him. Hello PUP list in 2012.

11. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Jamaal Charles got the same injury earlier this season. I'm worried to death about how he'll do.

12. CaptainStubing

and all to have him play in a meaningless game at the end of the season for a 2-12 team ............. whoever's final decision it was to play him yesterday should be fired immediately

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

You play to win the game, the Vikings are and always will be better with Adrian Peterson on the field. If the vikes took him out HE would not have been happy.

14. CaptainStubing

i don't care if HE is happy.... if I don't want to risk my franchise in a meaningless game, I won't. He would have gotten over his unhappiness. He's not going to get over this easily.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hindsight is always 20/20. He is their franchise player and the guy the fan base pays to see on the field. And like said before, he wouldn't have let them take him out. This wasn't a result of a previous injury or anything, just a fluke.

16. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

This, plus you play to win the game. You put the best product you can out on that field week in and week out or you better refund all your freaking fans for the cost of the game.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Petersons not gonna let a coach sit him for 2 games just because the games are meaningless. That's silly to even suggest a coach would do that.

He may even have had incentives he was close to and needed to play to hit those...

18. CaptainStubing

i knew i would be in the minority on my opinion that franchise-type players shouldn't be playing as much as they do in meaningless games and blowouts. I've never understood risking your top players' futures.

What I find more interesting about this thread is how many of you are indicating that the 'player' would insist on being on the field and the organization would do what the player said. Unless the new CBA changed things, the last time I checked, the players are still the employees of the organization and the organization can tell them what to do.

If I'm Jim Caldwell or Bill Polian, I don't care if Peyton Manning is having a temper tantrum in the middle of the locker room floor right this minute saying that he wants to play on Sunday. I'm not going to risk my franchise (who I am paying millions of dollars) just because he wants to play ball with his friends. I'm paying him. I will decide when he plays or when he doesn't.

And, for anyone who thinks the Vikings did the right thing, you must now go into the thread regarding Big Ben not playing on Saturday against the Rams and rip Ben and Tomlin and the Steelers organization for NOT playing him. He obviously was able to play a few days before that and he was just sitting on Saturday to protect himself from further injury.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Dude. Peterson's knee was not injured before this game. Ben and Peytob clearly have injuries that could be aggravated if they play now.

See the difference?

20. CaptainStubing

Ben 'could' have played on Saturday though. that's my point. All players are 'hurt' in some way at this point in the season. Ben played 5 days prior and if everyone believes that a player should be on the field if at all possible to win a game, even if it's meaningless, then by your theories, Ben should have played.