Waiver help needed, please!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by boosted3, Oct 21, 2014.

1. boosted3

boosted3 Mo-Sep 5, 2015 Premium Member

Hey Guys,
    Just lost my third straight game after a 4-0 start. I also lost my third RB this season due to injury in CJ Spiller. While not a terrible loss, it is a loss nonetheless. I am 9 out of 10 waiver priority again this week because of points scored, and I am in a 6 way tie for second place with first place being held by a single person. The 6 people tied for second are paired up against each other this week. Needless to say this week is a must win otherwise I could potentially drop to 5th position half way through the season.

I have Bishop Sankey who has given me next to nothing the past 3 weeks. With that said.....I have 2 guys I can drop, and at least 3 I would like to try to pick up. I would like to put waiver claims in for Bryce Brown, Jerick McKinnon, and Tre Mason hoping that I get at least one of them. I am a lifelong Eagles fan and I know how Brown can move the ball so I am leaning toward him. How would you rank them for my waiver priority? Benjamin Cunningham is still available as well....is he a better pickup?
    I would also like to see if I can expand on my receivers. Doug Baldwin is still available so I put in on him dropping Pierre Garcon.
    Lastly, would you drop CJ Mosley for Jadeveon Clowney to be my backup to Luke Kuechly? He is available and I know he is getting close to returning.
    Just trying to mix things up for the second half of the season. I am hoping to be able to trade some of my top WR talent for a great RB1 this week. Any thoughts on who you would trade off for maximum in return while not hurting my chances?
    Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I'd rank them McKinnon, Mason, Brown and Cunningham. Cunningham will have mostly a pass catching role in the Ranms offense.

With Spiller dumpable, I think your better off landing a running back instead of trading a receiver. I only say that because you only have Brown, who is your only tradable receiver worthy of bringing back an RB1. Benjamin is a mid-tier WR2. If you trade Brown, Benjamin will your WR1, which is a bit scary for me. I would wait, see if you can get any of the first 3 running backs above (aside from Cunningham), and then we'll talk about trading if you still want to.

@LebaneseFF will pop in for your IDP questions.

3. boosted3

Thanks for the input Greg! As someone that lost Montee Ball due to injury and managed to pick up Hillman, do you think
    I should consider picking Ball back up and stash him before he makes his comeback or do I roll with Hillman and keep who
    I have? It seems everyone is saying its Hillman's spot to lose and Ball will have to fight his was back in, but I find that hard
    to believe.
    Thanks

4. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I don't know about dropping Mosley for Clowney. Remind me of your league settings, big play or tackle league?

If you are a tackle heavy league the answer is no don't do it.
    if you are a big play league yes I might do it.

Show me your settings and we can do the decision together

5. Greg Brosh

I think I would wait on Ball. If Hillman has yet another solid game this week, Ball is definitely going to find it hard to get his role back. He will have some role, but not like he did. He didn't play that great to begin with and was one of the bigger busts this year.

I doubt anyone is going to pick Ball up this week anyway.

6. boosted3

Well, waivers processed and the guy in last place took Jerick McKinnon but I got everyone else I wanted. Mason, Brown, Baldwin, Clowney, Parkey....dropped Spiller, Sankey, Garcon, Mosley, and Carpenter.
    I didn't hear from you last night @LebaneseFF so I let the waiver process. I updated my sig with latest roster updates and IDP scoring. Clowney shows up as LB/DE so I can play him in either of my IDP positions which I did not know. I could drop one of my DL to stash him, or drop someone else as well. I never start Mosley over Kuechly. Let me know what you think! If I need to pick Mosley back up, I am sure I can get him. Not too many people in my league focus on IDP yet. I added it to the league this season.
    Thanks
    Brian

7. boosted3

Someone dropped Ryan Matthews this morning. Not sure if he is worth a pickup or not.

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

nah you re good

9. Greg Brosh

he won't be back for awhile, if at all. he's still not even running yet.

good pickups. i think it will only take a week for brown to outplay dixon. brown was good in philly, just needed a change.

10. boosted3

Thanks for all the help guys!