Week 3 waiver wire pickups

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by axdc58, Sep 15, 2014.

1. axdc58

axdc58 Rookie Premium Member

RBs Matt Forte, Bet Tate, Matt Asiata and Jerick McKinnon.
    WRs are AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Michael Floyd, DeAndre Hopkins and Markus Wheaton.
    TEs Zach Ertz and Dwayne Allen.

Available WRs are James Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Brian Quick and Andrew Hawkins
    Available RBs are Knile Davis, Donald Brown and Isiah Crowell.
    Available TEs are Niles Paul and Travis Kelce.

$5 per transaction and thinking of the following:

#1 (priority): Dropping McKinnon and picking up Knile Davis, if I can. My league has a ridiculous WW where the person in last place each week gets the #1 WW pick up each week and I took first place last week, so not getting anywhere near the top of the WW anytime soon.

#2: DeAndre Hopkins & Markus Wheaton - Go for Sanu to replace Green, even for a week? Or Jones so I can plug and play him as a flex later in the year? Worth dropping either of the two for Quick or Hawkins if I can't get Jones or Sanu?

#3: Allen for Paul or Kelce? Guessing Paul will be gone, but which one should I target?

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Worst to first isn't bad. It gives the last place team a chance to be in it and build their team back up.

I agree with your #1.

I don't know if I would drop either receiver. Wheaton is full of upside and Hopkins has caught two straight games with a TD. I don;t see the guys on the wire having anymore upside.

Wait on Allen. If he does good tonight, I wouldn't drop him.

Keep in mind that AP is back this week, so Asiata is going to sit on your bench until an injury or Goodell comes in. I might consider dropping him for

1. Quick
    2. Jones
    3. Hawkins

In that order and keeping your receivers. It all depends on how much you want to hold onto Asiata.

Make sure you add your roster requirements and scoring so I know how many receivers you can start.

3. axdc58

axdc58 Rookie Premium Member

1QB, 2WRs, 2RBs, 1TE and a WR/RB/TE flex and thanks. Might wait and see what the press is on Vikings saying Peterson to play this weekend before dropping Asiata. Non PPR league.

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

So far it looks like AP will play, but you know how fast stuff like this changes.