What Is The Value Of The Buffalo Bills? $3B? $4B?

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by 86WARD, May 31, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

When the tide rises like this, folks in the rising ships business have many reasons to smile. Hundreds of million more reasons. If not billions. Per multiple reports, former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will buy the L.A. Clippers from Donald Sterling for $2 billion. ... If an NBA franchise can be worth $2 billion, what could an NFL team go for? Surely, the Los Angeles location factored into the price. And that could prompt someone who owns or who wants to buy an NFL team to suddenly get serious about moving to L.A. If baseball and basketball teams playing there are worth more than $2 billion, what would an NFL team in L.A. be worth? Three billion? Four billion? More? Buffalo fans hopes that the estate of Ralph Wilson doesn't find out.

Source: Pro Football Talk

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I know it is his money but that guy needs to be shot. 2 Billion for a basketball team is nuts. Don't give a damn that it is in L.A. Teams on average is only worth around 600 million or so. I don't think a football team in LA, if it is a runny bowel movement of a team, should be worth 4 billion. I feel sorry for the people, scratch that I won't feel sorry for the owners, when the bottom drops out and they decrease in value. I feel the bubble may be at breaking point soon.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Kurt likes this.
  4. Buck Fenson

5. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

If a dysfunctional pile of crap like the Browns is worth $1 billion,then the Bills should fetch $2 billion?

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Funny money.

Aussie61 likes this.
  7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

actually, the clippers are valued at $1.2 billion and in a normal situation that is what they would have sold for. the reason ballmer overpaid is to get the deal done quickly because sterling really didn't want to sell (basically, giving him a deal too good to refuse).

TJ likes this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

No way that team is worth $1.2B...

Buck Fenson likes this.
  9. Buck Fenson

the team is not worth 1.2 billion.
    http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/#page:2_sort:0_direction:asc_search:

rich dude paid like 6 times the value of the team.