"What's Your Pet Peeve?" Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by markaz, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

It's more about the fact that they pay cashiers about $7 an hour and they cant get cashiers to come to work. Most of the time, they schedule the proper help needed, but then no one shows up. I am not defending Walmart, just offering some insight from what Ive gathered from being in Walmart around 8 hours a day every day for the last 2 years.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

$7 ???

WTF

Now that I didn't know...

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Getting paid under minimum wage? No wonder why people no show.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Its whatever min wage is. Ive been a commission based salemen for 10 years, i have no clue what the min wage is.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

I thought it was $8.50 these days. I could be wrong though.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Federal and State minimum wage can be different. When I was working for minimum wage in Illinois it was 8.50. But that was higher than the federal minimum.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

The federal minimum wage provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009. Many states also have minimum wage laws. Some state laws provide greater employee protections; employers must comply with both.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

My biggest pet peeve is people taking ridiculous things waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Aussie61 likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

People who declare themselves a member of a political party and then feel they must blindly follow what the leaders of that party state. You don't necessarily have to vote for independents, but please think independently instead of being dictated to.

Steve12, markaz and Walnuts like this.
  10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ay-men. Im liberal about some things, Im conservative about others. Im libertarian about some of both. I think most people are to some degree, its never made sense to me to ally yourself blindly along party lines. Ive never met one single person in my life that I agreed with wholebeartedly and without reservation on every single subject in the world, how can you expect me to blindly follow the doctrine of an entire political party and not disagree with at least some of it?

markaz and DawkinsINT like this.
  11. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I thought you did have 3 heads?

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

You dont remember dragonite talking about Ron Paul? "Ron Paul has pleased me 100% of the time."

13. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

My pet peeve is people who criticise you when you try something and it doesn't work out.You don't try,you don't learn.
    Oh..and when driving,people who don't use their turn signals.....do I look like Nostradamus???

markaz and DawkinsINT like this.
  14. DaBearsrule4ever

Another pet peeve of mine is people who see me and meet me for the very first time and think they already know me like a book.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

my pet peeve here lately is why people are so shocked when these idiots that preach and dance with rattlesnakes and other poisonious snakes die when they do not get attention after being bitten!
    unless you are really,really lucky or get a dry bite,chances are you are gonna die from without anti venom.

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I honestly didn't see that pet peeve coming.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Just like it was yesterday. He worked on his campaign and that no-one here gave a crap sent him into one of this thousand rants. I miss his "gems for the day".

Steve12 likes this.
  18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Having to slam on my brakes while driving through the parking lot right in front of the entrance/exit of a grocery store and people come barreling out with their carts into the lot without checking for cars coming from either direction. This is definitely a Walmart guarantee.

DaBearsrule4ever likes this.
  19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

My new pet peeve as of my drive to work this morning, is running over boulders in the road at 55 mph.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

what do you drive wally? an abrahams tank?

Aussie61 likes this.