When to draft a D/ST

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by drallan, Aug 28, 2014.

1. drallan

drallan Rookie Premium Member

What is the earliest you would draft a D/ST?
    We have a 15 round draft, and usually I wait until 12-15 to grab a D or K, but sometimes having a solid D/ST can really help put you over the edge. Are the Seahawks (or any other D) worth grabbing early?

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

The Seahawks and Panthers are the top 2. I wouldn't draft either any earlier than the 9th or 10 round. If both are gone, I would wait a little bit longer. Your technique is usually what I do and then stream defenses per week via their schedule.

3. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

If you're planning on doing the pick up defenses weekly strategy (which is what I always do unless I strike gold ie Chiefs last year) draft the Eagles defense at the end. They aren't as highly ranked, will most likely be available and are playing Jacksonville week 1.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I always pick defense last and you can usually find a decent one on the waiver wire or play the match ups week to week.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Defense last/2nd to last, stream as much as possible. Ive never seen anyone ride an 8th round defense to the playoffs, but Ive seen lots of streamers with deeper talent win championships.

6. uly5535

uly5535 Comback Kid Joe Cool Premium Member

Grab Jets Week 1 they play the Raiders.