Which Group Would You Rather Have?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by mike oxlong, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Peyton Manning
    Darren McFadden
    Frank Gore
    Miles Austin

or

Peyton Manning
    Frank Gore
    Roddy White
    Steve Johnson

I have third overall pick and players likely to be there at 3rd pick are: Bradshaw, MW Tampa Bay, Shonn Greene, Brandon Marshall, D-Jax, Welker, Pierre Thomas. PPR league, 6pt TD scoring.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

First group by far

McFadden, unless last year was an fluke is gold all round, rushing, recieving and TD's

Austin was on pace for 100 catchs and 1,600 yards when Romo went down. he is the unquestioned #1 if a pass heavy offense with a Pro Bowl QB

Johnson in that scheme will be hard pressed to put up the same numbers. Fantastic WR, but not a safe FF bet at this stage in his career yet

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I agree and get Marshall.

4. mike oxlong

Oakland is about to lose 2 OL and for me McFadden has injury concerns. I just don't think I am as high on DMC as everyone else is and his value can only go down imo. You don't think Austin loses some to Bryant after Bryant's hot finish.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah but McFadden is still a ppr monster for his receptions.

6. Jihad Joe

No bryant wont cut into Austins numbers yet. Bryant didnt build a rapport with Romo, he built one with Kitna. Austin is still Romo's guy.

Its also worth noting that Romo HEAVILY leans on #1 WR's, has his whole career. thats why i see Bryant being overdrafted this year

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Peyton Manning
    Darren McFadden
    Frank Gore
    Miles Austin

8. mike oxlong

Makes Sense, I think both sides are more comparable also that this league is a start 3 WR league, but I appreciate all the input. Thanks.

9. Jihad Joe

Biggest stick point would be Johnson. Out of the bucnh he is the most likley to be a dud FF wise. Love him as a player, but the situation just isnt set up for him to be counted on as a starter in FF

10. mike oxlong

Also, I think I am higher on Johnson than most. I think he could have a great year giving that team another year and Fitzpatrick started coming into his own.

11. Jihad Joe

I like him, but with Qb uncertainity and Gailys bland run oriented offense, i dont trust a WR to put up 80 catchs year in and out

Im not ready to bank on Fitz as legit yet. he is smart, but he is limited. i want to see if the league has figured him out

12. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I still value RB, even with 6 points for all touchdowns, so my vote is for group No. 1.

My thinking in this is that it's always a stronger possibility that a receiver who is left undrafted will have a better chance at breaking out than a running back would.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like Steve Johnson. I think he's easily a top 20 WR. He's the top target in Buffalo and he could carry a team at any time. He was an unknown commodity for most of last season though and teams could prepare more for him this season...I still like him as a #2. With group one can you hope to get Marshall or Jackson to replace Johnson. Can you turn around and select Johnson again? Can you keep Roddy White over Austin? Roddy White is probably one of the Top players out there this year...

I think right now, I like White and Johnson more than Austin and McFadden. I think it's a great debate.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[​IMG]

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Manning and Gore are in both groups.

16. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Agreed. That is why I would go with the first one. I think DMC will put up similar if not better numbers this year. Gores Reception numbers will go up this year IMO.

17. mike oxlong

ward, I have a trade on the table, White and Johnson for McFadden and Austin, depending on whether or not I trade DMC and Austin, those would be the two different set of keepers. Right now my keepers are group 1.

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

me and you both rated mcfadden really low among RBs the year he came out, i had him like 6th and you had him like 11th haha. but he was pretty specatular last year

19. mike oxlong

Yeah, I even had him behind xavier oman, dude has proved me wrong so far

20. I'd take Steve Johnson over Mcfadden Johnson had 10 TD'S and over 1,000 Yards Recieving last year...