Who Have Been The Top 5 Players In The NBA Since Jordan Retired

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Jihad Joe, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

With all the Lebron/Wade hype this offseason, where do they rate amoung the best since the best retired. Here is how I rank them

1: Kobe Bryant- This spot went to Shaq until Kobe won his 2nd without him. Kobe = 2 Rings without Shaq. Shaq= 1 ring without Kobe

2: Shaquille O'Neil- Alot of people criticizes him because he never developed any kind of high post game, but him in the low post in his prime may have been the most dominance in all of sports at the time. Something alot of people bypas when they critique his overall game

3: Tim Duncan- One could argue him over Shaq, but I put him at 3. Consistant as they come, great overall skillset, and a 4 time champion

4: Kevin Garnett- The most complete player since Jordan hung em up. Not a weakness is his game. Dominate defender that would have averaged 30 points a game in his prime if he didnt defer as much, or puts as much energy into D. In his prime both a All Star PF and SF

5: Lebron James- Has the best offensive skill set since Jordan retired. However he doesnt have Kobe's hardware, defensive ability, or overall scoring game. To move anywhere on this list he is going to have to improve his defense and outside shot

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'd say that's a pretty fair list.

3. Jihad Joe

Alot of younger people might argue Lebron > KG. But in his prime when Minni had Spree and Cassel, Garnett was a much better all around. If he focused on offense and scoring, he would have been a 30 PPG scorer

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i would switch tim D and Shaq just bc i think Tim has more of arsenal in his game to work with

5. Jihad Joe

TD VS Shaq is something I debated with myself when I did my list

While Duncan does have the better overall skillset, in his prime Shaq was jut too dominant in the post for his teams to be beaten

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

[/thread]

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lebron is better than KG, i love KG and lebron wont go over him on this list just based on lebron is cracking the lineup with some seriously seasoned vets that you cant really put him over right now.

your list is good, you wont find much discrepancy with anyone, top 10 could get interesting though

8. Jihad Joe

Lebron is better than 2010 KG, not KG 2008 and before. Not even close IMO.

Lebron is a great offensive player, probobly the best offensive player since Jordan retired, but his overall skillset isnt even close to what KG's was in his prime. Garnett had the offensive skill to average what Lebron does, but he also had to be a shut down defender. Lebron doesnt have the skill to be the focus of a game on both sides of the court

I think people fall in love with SF's too much. Comparing a SF to a PF is like comparing a Safety to a CB. Having a great SF is nice, but PF is a harder and much more pivotal position.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010