Who Is At Fault For The Season Ending Interception By Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by themush, Jan 10, 2011.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I didn't pay much attention to it last night but the talking heads on the radio have people calling in say the interception was actually Riley Coopers fault!? This isn't a Gator homer rant, I'm just wondering if you guys think Cooper gave up on the play? Was there anything he could have done to break the int up? I've watched the replays and the ball shouldn't have been thrown (obviously) and secondly it was under thrown.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

80% of blame falls on Vick. He clearly didn't put enough air under the ball to let Riley make a quality play on it. I only fault Cooper 20% for the lack of effort in trying to make a play to prevent the interception. Vick gets that ball in the corner of the end zone, either Cooper has a chance at a TD or it's out of bounds.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

^^that^^ vick made the decision to throw the ball and under throw it at that

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They were trying to use Cooper's height advantage, so under throwing it that bad is pretty unforgivable. At the same time, Riley has to break that up. Just an ugly play all around.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

vick was banged up...didnt even look like he could walk, too much pride so its all on him.

i get a big LOL at seeing philly sports fail....the eagles have been there before without vick, vicks been there before without the eagles....same results. i love it

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, both were at fault but vick is mostly to blame for a throw like that.

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Look I freaking hate the eagles, and I'm all about no excuses and wion't accept them from eagles fans, but if you watch the play Williams comes over and jams Cooper. Could have easily been pass-inter and is the main reason the int was made so clean. If he doesn't get into Cooper it's basically a jump ball. Still a dangerous throw though. Williams pushed off and stole that crap. I love it!

Wait for the replay...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abjUPUiHOqw]YouTube - Mike Vick INT loses game for Eagles vs Packers[/ame]

8. butkusmydick

butkusmydick Rookie

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Vick, he should have continued to nickle and dime his way to the endzone, worse case scenario throw one up to Desean Jackson or Jason Avant. Riley Cooper with the season on the line?

[​IMG]

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Exactly. No reason to force it (especially to cooper) with it being 1st down and plenty of time.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You will only hear the small portion of the fan base that is totally ignorant try and say Williams did something wrong. It's the postseason and the men should be allowed to play without all of the bullcrap calls that happen in the regular season. Ball was terribly underthrown on a bad decision by the quarterback, simple as that.

If we were going to get a call, I figured Celek would've drawn a penalty for the hit right before the INT. It was legal, but that seemed like the exact type of hit the refs would have thrown one for in the regular season.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Vick and Cooper have had good chemistry all year long, but yes. Ridiculous.

13. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I blame society.

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

All Vick. Poor percentage pass in the first place, especially under thrown, being the coverage was tight in front.

15. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

If David Akers had his crap together this conversation wouldn't be happening - or maybe if Celek has stayed in bounds on the 2pt try they could've tied it with a field goal right there?

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

As stated earlier what IF Aaron Rodgers didn't fumble, or what IF Jones caught the wide open deep ball before half that would have been a walk in touchdown? Then it wouldn't even be close. You can't play the IF game.

1 person likes this.
  17. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Like we've said in all the other forums that have to do with this....The IF game is fun...but it really came down to Vick trying to come back into the game. They tried to take his helmet from him on the sideline after he rolled his ankle...but his pride got in the way. Honestly..kolb should have had a shot..but wouldn't have done much better probably.

That..or maybe with the first down Vick should have spiked it, and gotten the correct play in.

18. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Lol. REP. I just posted my response similar to yours..maybe IF Starks hadnt run all over the place like a mad man..

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

98% Vick, 2% Cooper and a great play by Williams. It was a horrendous through by Vick, not enough under it, in the wrong spot. Cooper's gotta make an attempt to come back to the ball. Catch it at it's "highest point" son...but it's difficult to do when it's a horrible pbutt.

20. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

tramon williams and all you vick loving dog killer fans........... ha