Will Darren McFadden Live Up To The Hype?

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Harvs01, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

As everyone knows, Daren McFadden was drafted fourth overall last year by the Raiders. In an injury plagued first year McFadden showed a few glimpses of what he is capable. My question is, do people think that McFadden will bounce back and live up to his maximum potential, or will he be just another NFL player that slips into mediocrity?

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

everything depends on his health, which has been in question since he was drafted. Also, it would help if the crypt keeper didn't change his coaches every year and a half.

3. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

lol...I agree 100%, I personally hope he can stay healthy and be special, I'm just not sure he will

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Who are the Raiders offensive linemen again? Is Gallery still there? And Kwame "false start" Harris?

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Oakland can run the ball, there pass blocking has been poor

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

if we can maxamize his potential by getting him out into space where he can use his speed and don't expect him to be a pound it up hte middle back yes i think he can live up to the hype

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

McFadden and Bush, if they both stay healthy could be an amazing tandem, I said in one of the other threads, I think Oakland should shop Fargas to try to fill another need.

8. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

For the next few years it looks like it is going to be McFadden with Bush and Fargas taking carriers away from him. As long as that happens there are going to be some that will say he is a bust. People will feel that if you take a RB that high in the draft then they should be a stand alone back and will view him sharing time as a weakness in his game.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He will be good, will he live up to the hype? I doubt it he was hyped up to be GREAT, but it's alot easier in college. I think he will have a good career but that hype was to much to live up to for him especially as long as he stays in Oakland.

10. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Do you think it will be much better than Reggie Bush up to this point?

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

McFadden will be more consistent then Reggie Bush easily. It's not completely Reggie's fault though because the Saints are not using him correctly. Overall though McFadden will have the better career.

12. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Run DMC showed flashes of greatness I think he will be a Top Back for years to come.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think he will live up to the hype. I actually think he'll be rather average. He doesn't have the build of an NFL back and I wasn't high on him when he was coming out of Arkansas. He goes down way too easily. He'll have his moments, but ultimately, he'll never live up to the hype imo.