Will DeSean Jackson Push The Eagles For More Money?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Nov 22, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Eagles most certainly took notice when WR DeSean Jackson switched representation to agent Drew Rosenhaus. The team has had a bit of a prickly past in dealing with Rosenhaus, and Jackson has looked to cash in ever since falling out of the first round of the draft in 2008. Jackson remains on his rookie contract, which runs out after the 2011 season, so there's no immediate worry about him but don't be surprised if offseason contract discussions don't turn into a love affair between team and agent.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Andy ate the money and Rosenhaus brings DeSean to the Chiefs.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The guy is hardly on pace to break 1,000 yards and 7 TDs. Don't get me wrong, he's a very important player and I'm sure that Rosenhaus will bring up renegotiations, but this wouln't be the year to do it unless he goes on a crazy tear to end the season. I mean, he'd get a raise but nothing like he would if he were closer to the end of his deal and had a better season.

I love how the media always acts like the Eagles and Rosenhaus are bitter enemies. Rosenhaus has made more money from the Eagles than probably the vast majority of the teams out there. He has had a bunch of clients on the Eagles roster.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Jackson needs to visit with Anquan Boldin and Darnell Dockett of the Cards before re-upping with Rosenhaus as his agent. Drew is skilled at renegotiating contracts prematurely. Many clients "outplay" their new deals after the rookie contract is scrapped. But Drew's always happy, he gets his.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I'm sorry but Jackson does not deserve big money yet. Unless he hits the homerun, he doesn't do that much else. Like BS81 said. Although he deserves more than a rookie 2nd round pick, he seems to be looking for top 10 WR money, which he is not just yet.