Will The Lions Be The Surprise Team Of The NFC?

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by TDJets72027, Aug 29, 2011.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I say yes, I have a gut feeling they'll shock the NFC. they'll win the wildcard with the Pack winning the North.

2. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I don't care who they added. Until Stafford proves he can stay heathy, the lions will not make the playoffs in that division.

3. nwade06

nwade06 Lions in the Super Bowl!

Not only a shocker to the NFC but to the NFL. I have them finishing second behind the Packers but closer than everyone thinks

4. Its still just a preseason win but we won last four games fielding alot of back-up's and two of those teams went to the playoffs. (bucks-pack)

For the first time in a decade we have a legitimate team and could challenge for the division...honestly i feel our D-line is so fierce we may knock out 5 or 6 quarterbacks this year!:icon_twisted:

Anything less than 9 wins is a disappointment imo.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ive been waiting for the Lions to be good, and I think this is the year they finally are. Idk about winning the division over the Pack, but I wouldnt be surprised if they challenged for the wildcard.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. Not at all. I think a lot of people are predicting they do well. I think the Rams (some have jumped on that bandwagon) could be more of a "surprise."

7. nwade06

We just have to stay healthy on both lines and QB of course

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i wont be surprised, not at all

9. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I think they will do good but will stafford be on ir again?

10. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

If they stay healthy I am gonna say they split with the Packers and possibly win that division. Their front Dline is gonna be sick this year. I predict (and you can quote me on this) they will have around 60 sacks for the year and possibly a few QB's to be put on IR.

The key is gonna be can Stafford stay healthy and will the team in general stay healthy. The Lions scare me this year. They are looking really tough on that front Dline.

11. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I guess I'm the only one not buying Stafford being a franchise QB healthy or not. I think they can challenge for a wildcard. I really like what they've done on defense starting with their front four and the addition of Eric Wright at corner.

12. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

They will do better, and will certainly be the most competitive that they have been since the Barry Sanders days...but I still think they are another year, another draft, another free agency away from being a contender IMO. Losing LeShoure is a big blow to their running game, Stafford's health is still a serious concern, and in the possibility of Suh getting hurt that D would crumble.

Promising, but not a solid choice for glory this season.

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

As long as Stafford can stay healthy for an entire year I could definitely see them challenging for the wildcard.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

IF Stafford stays healthy, I see the Lions going 9-7.

IF Stafford misses a decent amount of games, I see the Lions going 5-11 or 6-10.

15. Agent Zero

I am not sold on him either. But he definitely gives them the best chance to win on offense. It is that defense that will keep him in games. After what I saw them do to New England I was just in shock.. Preseason or not.. You know Bill did everything he could to try and keep Brady protected and that front 4 just wore his butt out anyways. I still can't believe what I saw.. :icon_eek:

16. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I hear ya, the way they're going on defense I look at Stafford like a Trent Dilfer with the Ravens or Rex Grossman with the Bears. Just don't lose the game, but with Calvin Johnson I think their offense can be better then the two teams I just mentioned.

17. nwade06

With Stafford, Megatron, Nate Burleson, Javhid Best and B. Pettigrew our offense will not have any problems pointing up points...especially with the quick no huddle offense. We just need our back 7 be solid and a 10-6 season will be in reach IMO.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

BWAHAHAHAHAHA youre out of your freaking mind, sixty sacks.

19. Agent Zero

why not? I am thinking Suh will have around 16+. Teams are gonna have hell with that front 4. Just watch.

20. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

The Bucs didn't go to the playoffs

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011