With Only 2 Games Left, Eagles Still Hoping To Play RB LeSean McCoy

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Dec 15, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With two games remaining in their lost season, Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy has yet to be cleared to return to action.

McCoy has missed the last four games with a concussion and he has yet to be cleared by an independent neurologist, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. But he could be coming back this next week as McCoy will practice on Monday and if he remains symptom free he will have an evaluation the next day for final clearance. It is not a situation where the Eagles are considering shutting McCoy down for the remainder of the season.

“I would play LeSean when he is ready to go," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

Reid might still want to look at fumble-prone rookie Bryce Brown, who had two breakout games but has struggled in the previous two and has clear ball security issues.

"He needs to play. That's why I haven't sat him down because of the fumbles," Reid said. "I felt like he did miss a lot. He missed a lot of football. The thing he needs most is to be out there and playing and learning the game so he's wired the right way. This is a kid who doesn't want to make mistakes and drop the ball and that stuff."

Source: National Football Post