Worse QB?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Fez, Oct 19, 2008.

?

Worse QB?

1. Alex Smith

85.7%
  2. JT O'Sullivan

14.3%
  1. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

It's a poll. A similar one was posted on .com, but for the sake of my mental health, I want to hear opinions from people whose opinions I actually respect and care about.

Simple question, who's been the worse QB between Alex Smith and JT O'Sullivan? Please vote, niner and non-niner fans.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Does it really matter? Both of them suck...but one of them isn't raping the franchise with that $50 million contract.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Exactly, I voted Smith just because of what he has and is costing them.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

JT gets my voted, I really haven't seen anything from him. But on the other hand I haven't seen Smith do much since his days at Utah.

5. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

if only there was a third choice:

"they both suck equally as football players, but one costs more, and i dont even know how the other got a job"

cause thats what i would vote for

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If Turner was still there, Smith could have been a Pro Bowler

His problem is that he needs a top OC, and one willing to completely scheme to his strengths

7. Dunn

Dunn Starter

I went Smith hands down

8. bullnutz

bullnutz Rookie

Which strengths are you referring to??

Is it his uncanny ability to hold onto the ball until he's forced to scramble and throw it away??

Or could it be his ability to stare down his reciever until he's forced to throw it away??

Or is it his ability to scramble away from pressure before he throws it away??

Or possibly his ability to find the open reciever THEN throw it away??

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I still believe in Alex Smith, Dunno why honestly.

10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Alex. J.T. can make some nice passes occasionally, although he's nothing special either.

11. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I think JT is better right now. Smith needs some 2nd stringer time under someone good.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Bullcrap.

Alex never, even with Turner there, looked like anything approaching an NFL caliber starting qb. JTO, in between his numerous turnovers, does. It's not even close.

13. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

In a half season with the 9ers Sully did things Smith couldn't. The only downside to Sully is his turnovers and Smith has the same problem, maybe even worse...

JTO is the better qb.

14. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I went with Alex Smith...he's costing the niners a fortune and has proven he wasn't worth being a #1 draft pick.